How To Promote A Game Without Any Budget?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by yammna00, Apr 5, 2020.

1. yammna00

yammna00 Boxer

Hi, i have developed a game i want to promote my game. so how i can do it i have no budget for paid marketing.
    Have you any idea?

2. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Hello,

First I need to congratulate you on your game, wish you best of luck, HYG some tips:
    • If your game is good then you can try pitching it to a publisher who will do all the marketing for you
    • Submit your game on the different game forums, discord servers and sub- reddits and of course don't forget to submit it for Buildbox forums and discord server (I am assuming of course this is a Buildbox game)
    • Connecting with social media influencers is a nice way as well
    • Try to connect with Youtubers streaming game play and game reviews, the same goes to Twitch as well
    • For sub-reddits try to submit your game to the users who are interested in the same game type
    • Other websites to promote your game would be Itch, GameJolt and IndieDB
    • Gathering email addresses of game writers and reviewers would be a good start to communicate to them your game for review and feedback, but in doing this you need to have at least 200 authentic email addresses
    And finally I believe the most important point here is the users' acquisition or how to have a user base who will be interested in your game; indie game developers are doing this in several ways but I have seen several ones do this by having their own Youtube channels and submitting periodic dev logs while developing the game and by the time the game is ready they would have a considerable user base who are already interested in playing the game

Good Luck :)