How Is This Even Possible?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by swiftcurrent, Feb 3, 2018.

1. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

WHats did you find so bizarre

3. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I'm wondering how can a game make $1500 with only 800 downloads.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Definitely wrong stats... :)

5. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I'm not sure. The seller (who has the "super seller" title) has made $250k dollars over the last year by selling games like this one on Flippa. Besides that, Flippa features all the games in the "editor's section"

6. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

$635 dollars a month. 800 downloads a month. .79 ARPU If this game has a ton of retention, as well as a good monetization strategy, i could see it. Far fetched, but POSSIBLE. Also, could be that people hate his game so much, when they see an ad they click it and download the other game lol. They leave his but the install pay could be whats boosting it.

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I find it hard to believe people would seller a game that’s doing so well o_O

8. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Can someone explain how flippa works. All this stats are completely wrong.

As everchangeapp says:
    $1440 / 1600 downloads = &0.90 ARPU

If you had a game like that, you don’t sell it. As simple as that lol. You could become millionaire in a few days. Casual Games have in average an ARPU of $0.05-0.10. High retention games get to $0.10-&0.20 and extreme high retention games can get you $0.20-0.50. So this game would need a retention of 100% to get this kind of revenue lol. And not only that, it would need an incredibly well working monetization.
    So take for granted, this stats are bullshit. They are impossible.

This is one thing, on the other hand I don’t know if there are people who would believe this nonsense and pay those prices or if flippa was hacked or if these are ‘developers’ who are close to the owners of flippa and they do shady accounts to make others developers and buyers believe something that isn’t true. I’m tempted to sell a game for 25k and put some bullshit stats to see what works and what not.

ZackGriset and AaroArts like this.
  10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yeh, it’s complete BS.
    No one would sell their game for less than they’d make if they kept it for a couple more months :rolleyes:

Even if the auctions are legit, I highly doubt any money exchanged hands.

11. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think it's money laundering.
    This I have seen for example on Ebay or Amazon, where products that cost $100, sell it for thousands of dollars.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-ULtra...ne-1st-generation-mobile-phone-2/111803514787
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Ultra-Classic-2-cellphone-in-genuine-box/302619650304

Nobody would pay that much money for a simple game.

Christoph and swiftcurrent like this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's an interesting and very plausible thought. But it would mean that flippa is completely involved in this case because they feature those games to make it seem it has more value as it has. Again, my question: anybody knows more about flippa?

13. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Boxer

The seller you are talking about always does the same chartboost method. I do not know how exactly does he do it but if you look at his listings, he always spends 100-200$ish on user acquisition in chartboost. Then he eventually makes some profit around 600-700$.

Now, the question is: How is that even possible to always get this kind of profit?

If this is the case, then why don't he keep all his games and repeat the process until he's a millionaire?

Very very suspicious.

Starman likes this.