Heyzap Mediation Sdk 9 - Ios [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, May 9, 2016.

1. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Christoph no, So now i am going to do it. But i added heyzap and unoity ads but nothing is showing..
    -In UNITY ADS how did you configured unity dashboard to find everything you need... cause mine is not green .

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Fantastic, you are so awesome for taking the time to do this.
    I shall give it a go one day.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@trygii I too have still no Unity ads because I don't have set it up correctly in the Unity Dashboard. For Unity ads you need the App Store URL and since my game is still not live, there is no way I could make it work. Or is there? How do you get the definitive Apple Store link? Once you send the app for approval?

But when you don't have any errors in Xcode it means Unity is working. It is just about the setup in Unity itself and integrating all inormation correctly in Heyzap.

Formuzal likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Why do you have several //; and/or ; ? You don't need to close each line with a //; or ; Just write for example:
    #import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>

Formuzal and Arsmen Studio like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can get your Apple ID for your app from iTunes Connect, just replace in the following URL:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id343200656

Also there should be a "View on App Store" link that will have your future link.

Arsmen Studio likes this.
  6. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Christoph it says fix it .. put 2 lines // or i will see the triangle of alert ( YELLOW)

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, but since the app is not live Unity app does not find the app. This is the main problem here.

Ignore the yellow alerts.

Formuzal likes this.
  8. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

So once the app goes live does Unity work in both the game and Heyzap? Can anyone that has unity working confirm this?

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

[I'll add this to the end of the tutorial too]
    To test your ad networks that you set up in Heyzap Mediation it is best to add temporarily this code just beneath the Heyzap Publisher ID you put in the AppController.mm file.
    Code:
     // Create UIWindow
        // Set rootViewController
        [HeyzapAds presentMediationDebugViewController];
    25.png

Then start your game on your device or on the simulator and the Heyzap debug mode will start. It looks like that:

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 10.36.57 AM.png

You see all Ad Networks from Heyzap Mediation. Green means you have set it up correctly. Red means you didn't set it up.
    Click on one of the Ad Networks and you get to another screen where you can show the different ads, like video, image interstitial etc.
    If you for example set up interstitials but don't want to show video ads there, then you can debug and see which Network is still showing the videos and go to the Ad Network Dashboard and disable it. You also see if the SDK is available, if you put the necessary credentials and if the network is enabled on the dashboard.

27.png

Formuzal likes this.
  10. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@Christoph You the man :)

I just got these warnings, should I be worried about it?

[​IMG]

That skipping Unity bundle warning doesn't look good :confused: When I opened my game everything from Unity was green.

11. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

So that ''Show'' button is turning into green, but when I click on it the game crashes.
    I did turn on Test Mode force all.

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The last three are of no problem. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I got them too but no problem whatsoever. The first one skips the UnityAds.bundle which probably is the reason your game crashes when you want to show it.

How did you make the button green? Is your app already live?
    Update: Nevermind this last question, mine is also green. The interstitial is red because Unitiy has no Interstitial ads...

Formuzal likes this.
  13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

After Googling the first two errors:
    it seems you can/should put @property (nonatomic,strong) CLLocation *location; to the HZDemographics.h file. If it is only nonatomic it assumes 'assign' which causes the error. Since this is how the geo location of your player is loaded into the memory, 'strong' would be appropriate.

28.png

And 'wantsFullScreenLayout' is deprecated error, I assume you can just delete the code and the error goes away. Since we already have enabled Requieres full screen in the General tab it shouldn't be a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong please. I deleted the code and have no problems.

Formuzal likes this.
  14. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@Christoph I can't find HZDemographics.h, where is it?

I'm only planning to use Heyzap, Chartboost and Unity if that makes any difference, maybe its in a framework that I'm not using?

EDIT: oops stupid me, found it haha. Ill update this post once I got it to work.

EDIT 2 : Yes I got it to work! The Unity video plays perfectly fine. The only thing that bothers me is this in Heyzap Mediation Status:

[​IMG]

Unity Ads is still API Failing. Should I wait for Heyzap to refresh this since I got it to work on my iPhone? Or does this go away once the app goes live in App Store?

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

For me it is the same. It is still red. Probably @Aaron F could confirm, but I think it will go away once the app goes live. In debug mode I have Unity Ads playing. What I didn't know before and had to write to Heyzap staff, is, that to test the ads you need to click first on the "Fetch" button. Then the "Show" button goes green and plays the ad. Also, it sometimes depends on the country you are in if you get ads or not and even the time. If there is no fill rate it will faill to show an app. If you are in the US then you shouldn't worry about it though. Heyzap confirmed that everything is set up correctly. I wrote them now to ask about the API failing thing with Unity Ads. Will update this post once they get back to me.

@trygii: do you have banner ads set up? Because if yes, then you need to set up facebook and admob (google) ads. This are the only two that show banner ads and the good thing is they are greatly localized in every country on earth.

Other users also confirmed that it is working for them following the tutorial step by step. So happy advertising everybody!

Formuzal likes this.
  16. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

HOLY!!! Thanks a whole lot for this sharing @Christoph .... :)

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Made sticky, thanks for this thread @Christoph. :)

Rebel Studios and Christoph like this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You are welcome! ;)

Formuzal likes this.
  19. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

20. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Christoph once the app is live on appstore You will see unity ads in heyzap dashboard green.

Formuzal and Christoph like this.