Heyzap Mediation Sdk 10 - Ios [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok guys, here's an interesting thing for all users implementing Heyzap Mediation into their games!!!!

ATTENTION FOLKS!

I got this from Heyzap today:
    This basically means it is better to use the old tutorials (SDK 9) again for implementing Heyzap Mediation. If you have problems, crashes or whatever else is not working then please do so. Heyzap DOCs page has now again the option to change between the two SDKs. See at the top of the page here: https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/ios_sdk_setup_and_requirements

NOW HERE'S THE THING THOUGH: YOU ONLY CAN USE SDK 9 IF YOU USE BB 2.2.7 OR EARLIER. IF YOU USE 2.2.8 THEN YOU HAVE TO STICK TO THE SDK 10 TUTORIAL. NO WAY AROUND THAT.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Christoph I would like to use Heyzap for rewarded video only but I have the rewarded video button at the GameOver Screen which I also show Admob Ads when the player dies. I wouldn't want to use mediation for full screen ads. Can I keep Ad interstitial settings at Admob and still show Heyzap Rewarded video ads in GameOver Screen?? Thank You!

wesam_badr likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think you can. Never tried to be honest. You don't want to use admob in both though, this would mess with the settings. What is the reason not to mediate everything through Heyzap?

4. Serryhoofd

Serryhoofd Boxer

Hi!

Thanks for the great tutorial, unfortunately I get stuck with the test suite. My app runs after adding sdk`s and everything (I only do not see any ads). But when I add the code to test, the app crashes when I start it (see screenshot).

Also I did not see any libs that I had to add.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi @Christoph we are trying to use this time, inmobi and unityads along with admob, vungle, applovin,facebook, but it gives error because of inmobi and unityads, what can be done with it?can you let know about it or is there someone to figure out? @Andy you? Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 3.32.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 3.35.45 PM.png

6. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

FYI - Both unity ads and inmobi gives same error

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Looks like Xcode is not finding the 64-bit version of InMobi SDK. Any reason you are still using Xcode 7? I would first try Xcode 8, their latest SDKs might not work with older Xcode or iOS SDK.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm using still Xcode 7.3.1 and have both inmboi and Unity-ads set up without a problem... there must be something else. Check well the Heyzap setup page. I see for example that libsqlite3.tbd library is missing. You also must double check all the import tags because unity and inmobi has extra stuff going on. Also, inmobi needs you to manually change the info.plist and add sms and tel strings to it. Just be careful when you ad new ad networks and see how it changes the needed extra code. Then it should work without a problem.

wcgames and bmsingha like this.
  9. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Andy But in that case, the admob, applovin,vungle, adcolony etx works, so if they work in xcode 7.3.1 version, even inmobi and unityads should work as all have latest version, will try as you suggested

10. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Christoph, can you please let me know, what extra things you added other than than the regular process while adding inmobi and unityads framework??please let know. Do PM me

11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I was making an educated guess only, I don't use mediation with any regularity and only test with a basic setup. @Christoph probably has better information regarding mediation so I would check that first.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    wcgames likes this.
  12. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Okay will go with that first as per Christoph recommended and check if that fixes the issue

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, sorry guys, I just checked and it's true what Andy says: I'm using Xcode 8.3 now as well... haha, haven't even noticed but I changed that when I had to set up my computer from scratch. So definitely worth to update and see if the problem persists.

bmsingha likes this.
  14. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Okay downloading xcode 8.3 and checking if it works for us, thanks @Andy & @Christoph

15. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hey @Christoph @Andy, now seriously tired, downloaded xcode 8.3 and also upgraded OS, still it gives weird error, just don't don't what to do, please help with this point, using admob, applovin and Vungle, everything works okay, but as soon as add unityads & inmobi framework, it gives me such weird new error? how to sort this error?

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 7.13.18 PM.png

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I get this error with Tapdaq. Try with a new export from Buildbox. If not, I suggest to try a previous version of Heyzap. Sometimes they mess things up with new builds. Just go 1 build back and see if it works. Remember that SDK 10 is beta. It is recommended to use SDK9 instead. So this is another option to try.

17. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Okay then lemme try as you suggested the previous version sdk 9 of heyzap with BB 2.2.7 and hope so things work

18. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph older version gives some other weird issues again, so I better thought to switch again on latest SDK,

This are the errors

NOTE : As per @Andy & @Christoph recommended, switched to xcode 8.3 and os too upgraded.
    Following are the lists of the SDK versions used

1) Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1
    2) Fyber_FacebookAudienceNetwork_4.18.0-r1
    3) Fyber_InMobi_6.0.1-r1
    4) Fyber_UnityAds_2.0.7-r1
    5) Fyber_Vungle_4.0.9-r1
    6) heyzap-unified-sdk-10.3.1
    7) Fyber_AppLovin_3.4.3-r1

d: framework not found UnityAds for architecture arm64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

ld: framework not found Inmobi for architecture arm64
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 3.42.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 3.42.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 3.43.46 PM.png
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Now what can be the issue??? Simply exhausted

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

When you change to SDK 9 you have to use a PTAHeyzap folder from an export you got from Buildbox 2.2.7 or earlier. Just export a default Buildbox game with Heyzap enabled in main menu if you don't have one from an earlier game. Then go to libs/ads/ and use this PTAHeyzap folder. And make sure you are following the correct Heyzap doc as well. You can change between SDK9 and SDK10 when you are on their page. There is a switch at the top now.

Otherwise to be honest - and I told you this a couple months back - you just could hire someone to do it. I always encourage people to do it alone and I think it's always best to resolve all issues yourself. But sometimes it's not worth it. By hiring someones craft and knowledge you can save yourself a lot of headaches and time which in the end is money as well. I'm pretty sure though you will get it to work. Insistent people always do. :) I just had to say this again since I see you struggling with it all the time.

bmsingha likes this.
  20. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes
    yes thanks buddy, well Heyzap is pretty easy to integrate, but the SDKs versions are always there to bother and am sure there is something wrong with latest unity and inmobi SDK, have contacted heyzap again and hopefully they will help in resolving it otherwise let me pm you to make it work