Heyzap Mediation Sdk 10 - Ios [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No, not necessarily. You can use Heyzap alone to provide rewarded videos from their own account (Heyzap/Fyber). Only if you want to mediate third party ad networks then you need to set up everything from this tutorial. If you only use Heyzap then everything is already done from within Buildbox. :)

volcank, harislatif and Nihat like this.
  2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I want to Add Vungle (Rewarded video) with Heyzap Mediation. But in Vungle's website there is a Incentivized Callback URL part. Could someone tell what should i add there? What is it for? And it is necessary to add?

3. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

@Christoph this is super helpful, thanks

Christoph likes this.
  4. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Updated to Heyzap SDK 10 and the test suite says all Ads networks 'successfully integrated' :)
    When fetching some ad formats i'm finding these errors:

AdMob (7.16.0)
    -Banner: is working
    -Interstitial: the log says:
    FyberErrorDomain Code=5007 "No Ad Unit Id was provided to the request. Please check you have entered the AdMob Ad Unit IDs in the mediation dashboard"

Unity (2.0.5)
    -Rewarded video: is working
    -Interstitial: the log says:
    FyberErrorDomain Code=5007 "No zone ID was provided to the request. Please check you have entered the UnityAds zone ID in the mediation dashboard

Facebook Audience Network (4.10.1)
    -Interstitials: the log says:
    FyberErrorDomain Code=5000 "Ad request error: Error Domain=com.facebook.ads.sdk Code=1001 "No fill" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No fill, FBAdErrorDetailKey={ msg = "No fill. We are not able to serve ads to this person."
    -Banner: the log says:
    FyberErrorDomain Code=5003 "FacebookAudienceNetwork - Banner request failed with error: No fill" "Error Domain=com.facebook.ads.sdk Code=1001 "No fill"
    -----
    The AdMmob Ad Unit IDs and UnityAds zone IDs are all set up - at least the publisher is saying so. And FAN 'No fill' could be to do with my signal or device settings, but couldn't figure out a way to solve it.

Do you know what the solutions could be?

@Andy would you mind taking a look? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hey mate, I too getting the same message in log box, no ads visible, did you found any solution?

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Once mediation is setup and especially if you are getting success with the test suite I would contact HeyZap. Sounds like a SDK issue to me. Looking specifically at the error messages also confirms this to me.

edwin_simonds and Christoph like this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Admob and Unity seems not to be set up correctly in Heyzap dashboard. Double check the mentioned IDs.

Facebook only works if you have A) testads setup or B) the facebook application installed on your device. Not sure anymore if you also have to be logged in. But I guess so.

8. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

@Christoph

Thank you so much for your hard work, HeyZap now working for me with reward videos as well!

Christoph likes this.
  9. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Thanks @Christoph , found the Heyzap dashboard had been updated which caused the confusion. All working now!

Christoph likes this.
  10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Do I don't need to do all this if I just want to use HeyZap for Reward Videos?

I want to keep Admob separate. And Use HeyZap for just Reward Videos.

I've set up a button, with Reward Video in the dropdown in BB.
    It increments my "Stars" in BB Preview, but the button doesn't show on my device IRL.

I get the following error:
    "[ Heyzap ] An ad is not available because Fyber was never started"

Any ideas?

I have my HeyZap Pub ID in BB too. But what's Fyber?

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Heyzap was bought by Fyber. It's the same thing. There is some information on their website if you want to know more.

As Andy points out, it seems it is better to use mediation as it is not reliable to use only Heyzap ads. For rewarded videos use Unity and Vungle, besides Heyzap native ads.

If you get the message that the SDK never could get started then you might have a problem with the setup. Double check the Heyzap ID and the app bundle ID (you have setup your app in Heyzap dashboard have you?). If the problem persists you need to send Heyzap support a mail. They need to fix it server side. It's a common problem. I myself had it too once.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

One thing to make sure is that you use an actual Bundle ID that you have setup in iTunes (technically not requied, but this will make sure it is unique). It is however required for you to setup the Bundle ID in your HeyZap dashboard, you might have to wait a short time for it to "activate".

13. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

@Christoph Amazing tutorial mate. This one is book marked!
    Have you or anyone done a tutorial for setting up Facebook SDK / app events with a Buildbox app? Whenever I follow Facebooks guide to set it up for an iOS app, shit always crashes and messes up. I can't find a swift file, etc.

This is the Facebook guide I'm trying to follow: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/analytics/quickstart

If someone already did post somewhere is this forum could someone be kind an point me in that direction.
    Thanks in advance

14. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Just to be clear, This method fixed the reward videos only for me using (Heyzap, Vungle, Unity3d Ads and AppLovin), For admob and chartboost i call them natively through buildbox.

As I'm aware, Admob SDK have issue with heyzap.

15. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I'm getting this error anyone can help also when I build the project I don't get the mediation network test suite to see if ads are working

warning: ignoring file /Users/appzelle/Desktop/game name 002/ios/Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1.embeddedframework/Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1.framework/Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x56 0x65 0x72 0x73 0x69 0x6F 0x6E 0x73 0x2F 0x43 0x75 0x72 0x72 0x65 0x6E 0x74 ) which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/appzelle/Desktop/game name 002/ios/Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1.embeddedframework/Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1.framework/Fyber_AdMob_7.16.0-r1
    ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/appzelle/Desktop/game name 002/ios/Fyber_Chartboost_6.6.1-r1.embeddedframework/Fyber_Chartboost_6.6.1-r1.framework/Fyber_Chartboost_6.6.1-r1, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x56 0x65 0x72 0x73 0x69 0x6F 0x6E 0x73 0x2F 0x43 0x75 0x72 0x72 0x65 0x6E 0x74 ) which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/appzelle/Desktop/game name 002/ios/Fyber_Chartboost_6.6.1-r1.embeddedframework/

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

well this basically means the SDKs get ignored. Did you check copy and group when you imported them? When do you get this error? What version of Buildbox are you using?

17. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

@Christoph yes, I have checked copy and group and I am using 2.2.8

#import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>
    #import <AdSupport/AdSupport.h>
    #import <AudioToolbox/AudioToolbox.h>
    #import <CoreData/CoreData.h>
    #import <CoreGraphics/CoreGraphics.h>
    #import <CoreLocation/CoreLocation.h>
    #import <CoreMedia/CoreMedia.h>
    #import <CoreTelephony/CoreTelephonyDefines.h>
    #import <CoreVideo/CoreVideo.h>
    #import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
    #import <GLKit/GLKit.h>
    #import <MediaPlayer/MediaPlayer.h>
    #import <MessageUI/MessageUI.h>
    //import OpenGLES
    #include <OpenGLES/ES2/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES2/glext.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES3/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES3/glext.h>
    #import <QuartzCore/QuartzCore.h>
    #import <SafariServices/SafariServices.h>
    #import <StoreKit/StoreKit.h>
    #import <SystemConfiguration/SystemConfiguration.h>
    #import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
    #import <HeyzapAds/HeyzapAds.h>

@implementation AppController
    @synthesize viewController;
    @synthesize window;

#pragma mark -
    #pragma mark Application lifecycle

// cocos2d application instance
    static PTPAppDelegate s_sharedApplication;

- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions {

// Your Heyzap Publisher ID:
    [HeyzapAds startWithPublisherID: @"840bxxxx46f014b3xx35119eaxxxx1"];

// Create UIWindow
    // Set rootViewController
    [HeyzapAds presentMediationDebugViewController];

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  18. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph Unable to see the rewarded video ad. It's too weird, first it was showing and now doesn't. Please help with this guys

Attached Files:

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@bmsingha this sounds like something isn't setup correctly in the individual ad network dashboard. Everything else seems to be integrated correctly.

@wesam_badr it's difficult to help, I probably would have to take a look at the setup myself.

bmsingha likes this.
  20. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph tried with 2 different heyzap
    IDs mate but results into same