Help I Am New

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by lloyd langevin, Mar 14, 2021.

1. lloyd langevin

lloyd langevin Boxer

I am making a game where my character is a sphere.
    1. There are friendly blocks and enemy blocks. (Dynamic - all assets - collision either none or enemy)
    2. I have kinematic smart assets such as doors, spikes, rollers ( either none, all or enemy)
    3. I have static objects as well such as walls
    4. My character is set to kinematic, setting to dynamic makes him freakout and get stuck or fly off the map ( controls are touch swipe)

My issue is, my character passes thru all static and kinematic objects no matter the collision group or affected asset.
    If I set it to dynamic and affected asset as the character, the object just falls thru the floor.
    so all of my blocks are set to dynamic, affected assets mostly all and if I want to keep something in place, I have to encase it in invisible static walls to keep other blocks out or that block still.

How can I fix this issue?
    Thank you

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

The issue that you are having is related to the kinematic setting. it is recommended to use dynamic, You should play around with the friction settings as that may be your issue. You could also send the BBDOC to support@buildbox.com and we can help you out from there.

3. lloyd langevin

lloyd langevin Boxer

thanks so much i will play around with it and let you know!

4. lloyd langevin

lloyd langevin Boxer

what should my plane be set at static? and which affected assets all?