Hello Everyone. New Here And Just Starting Out Need Some Help With Sound

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Bridger, Apr 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bridger

Bridger Boxer

I am running the latest version of the software and I am trying to add sound to a coin. I added an mp3 to a sound node but I am not sure where to connect it to make it play upon collide. I have tried linking it to the if collide to the start and to the point node none work. But I think there is a problem with the software. The reason I say this is after I added the mp3 I pressed the little play button next to where you drag the mp3 to preview the sound and I am not hearing anything. I do have Openal installed. Could this be a bug or corruption in the software? How can I fix this? Thanks for any help.

Bridger

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Hey there,

First of all try to recreate that coin sound and make sure you hear something when you hit that little play button where you drag and drop your .mp3 file.
    Second, when the first one is done than you can use an "If Collide" to trigger the coin removal and points added and so on and link the entrance to the Start's node (Created) output. Make sure everything works at this point but there is no sound since that is not liked (by everything I mean, the coin is removed, points are added and visible in the UI and so on).
    When you know that your if Collide node works link the Sound node with the "Collide" node of the If Collide

3. Bridger

Bridger Boxer

Thanks for the reply. I have the coin removing and adding points when I collide the problem is this
    "make sure you hear something when you hit that little play button where you drag and drop your .mp3 file"
    I can't hear anything and I know the mp3 plays a sound. I just tried to open buildbox and it now will not open up any of my previous games. I think it is corrupted. Do you think i can uninstall it and then reinstall it nd a

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Try to create a new project and check if the sound plays there if not than reinstall buildbox

5. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

Some mp3 formats doesn't work on Buildbox
    To avoid this issue try install any sound editor and export your sound files as mp3
    Or use soundbox

6. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

I'm using audacity editor...
    try it