Having An Issue Implementing A Shop Into My Game

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Mitchell, Jun 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mitchell

Mitchell Boxer

I watched 'smart penguins' video and it was helpful however, I'm having issues making it work in my game.
    Currently, when I open my shop my game continues in the background and it is a moving game which means my character continues to move and runs into walls and dies. I would like my shop to pause the game but not sure how to do that. Any advice would be so helpful thanks

2. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Hi Mitchell,

Smart Penguins are very responsive over Discord and over their own Youtube channel, I would suggest that you shot them a comment on Youtube or try reaching out to them over Discord

On the other hand 'Smart Penguins' has a video explaining how to add a pause button ()

So perhaps you need to add an event observer that triggers the pause of the game once you click on the store/shop button, the same technique more or less that they used in their pause video but this time what will trigger pausing the game would be the store/shop button instead of a dedicated pause button, please give it a try and let me know if this helps?

Regards