Great App Store Impressions, Horrible Downloads

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by energizerlithium, Jun 16, 2016.

1. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

Screenshot is attached below, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but basically I have a friend who has a bunch of games receiving a lot of impressions but doesn't seem to be getting downloads, like the convert rate is less than .005%

I don't have an Apple Dev account anymore so I'm not sure what kind of changes have happened in Apple, but is this normal?

I'm not too familiar with the stats, but are these the app profile views or impressions of simply showing up in the app store, and why is the download rate so little?
    Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 8.24.27 PM.png

2. jaloxin

jaloxin Boxer

i think the App/Game icon & Screenshot need's more work .

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Without further data it is only a guesswork. You may need to analyze the audience, maybe your ads reaching bunch of retired people your apps designed for girls and ads reaching boys only. Maybe your ads are misleading and people think this was the app they were looking for and when visiting your AppStore realize no they don't. Maybe your artwork and/or description needs some changes.

Oh btw if you no longer have the Dev account maybe the app is no longer available for new downloads? You need to figure out that first before anything else...

4. energizerlithium

@trudnai thanks for the reply bud, this isn't my Dev account, it was a friends who asked me what was going on here with his stats.
    I asked him about ads, campaigns, etc if he's running any, and he says he's not running any sort of campaigns or anything, it's just weird since these are all games and there isn't really anything misleading going on.

It's possible that his artwork/icon/description needs more work maybe, but we just didn't get was the impression/download ratio, it just seemed totally thrown off if you know what I mean lol

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Please note what Apple says about their stats:

So what does it mean? You have to correlate 3 main data, Impression, Page View and Download. On that table there is no Page View. To be honest I am a bit skeptical about Apple's data, take a look at this for example:

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 11.53.42 AM.png

If Impression includes Page Views then this stats are simply wrong. Anyways, the idea is that the Icon was in front of your audience eyes and they did not click on that, then you need to improve that part. If there are Page Views but no Downloads, then artwork and description may need to be changed. If there are downloads but low Session and Active Devices rate then your game needs to be improved (that can be loads of things, I can't make advise on that here). On this stats you can see this is exactly the case -- Yes, this thing was not good... well.. it was suxx to be hinest with you :) Better to admit that and learn from it and work on improvements and better game designs than putting your head into the sand and pretend "you are the best and players do not recognize your genius mind" :)

But first you need to learn how to analyze data and how to analyze your own game in the eyes of your players with the highest criticism.

energizerlithium likes this.
  6. energizerlithium

Hey @trudnai thanks for that detailed explanation, this actually clears up a lot:)!
    I will let him know what this stuff means here, it makes a lot of sense if impressions are just how many times it was in front of user's eyes, not actual profile views:)

And yea man I agree, Apple's stats don't make much sense I've Googled around quite a bit and a lot of devs say the same thing, either way lets continue improving the games up, I think that's the most important bit, and thanks again man appreciate it:)