Gravity Settings Make No Sense

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by spleiTT, Jun 7, 2020.

1. spleiTT

spleiTT Boxer

I am a new Builox user, and currently just learning Buildbox. I started to make a simple video game, just as "Making a simple video game with buildbox", by Zack Griset.

I followed all the instructions as shown in the tutorial, however some setting behave weird.
    The jump force of the actor is set on 5, and the gravity is set to -9.8.
    If i copy these setting into my game, the actor jumps very, very high, als the actor is not returning to ground.

I have to set the gravityto -700 for "normal" returning bahaviour of the actor.

Can please tell me someone what i do wrong, or if there is another setting what needs to b defined.

Thank you.

2. Pheartok

Pheartok Boxer

I think there must be another setting somewhere messing this up. If your on the Plus or Pro plan, maybe start a new wold, start fresh with everything, and see if these settings will work?
    I have my gravity at zero for X axis, and at -20 for the Y axis, in a 2D world.
    Jump force is none for X and 10 for Y
    Im not a coding expert but these settings seem to work good for me.

3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Hello,
    While we can’t say exactly what your problem is, we do generally recommend checking out the other templates that represents The goal that you wish to achieve. From there, you see if you can notice the difference between the two set up‘s, and you see if you can try and play around with the template to see if you can create the same issue again,As this gives you the ability to know what caused it and how to fix it

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Alternatively, Check out our community discord where you can ask questions in the appropriate channels that can help you along the way

5. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

most of the time the problem is that there is a 0 in the x and z boxes. Should read "none" in those boxes.