Gdpr - Collecting Consent From End-users & New Sdks For Bb

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Christoph, May 17, 2018.

1. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Nice thank you ! may the force be with you :)

2. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

By the way, devs, how are you going to restrict access for EU players regarding ads? Are you going to turn off EU in stores for the games? Or turn of on the ads side, so, in EU games will be without ads. What's your solution and why? Thanks in advance.

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

If you fancy updating all your games, you could update your Privacy Policy and add a new UI with Consent Dialog upon launch.

I just wonder if ads will stop displaying altogether, if the network hasn't received a consent token.
    Because I'm not sure how to turn off Admob ads for only certain territories.

And how do you go about Games that are no longer being updated? or have been removed from the store?:eek:
    Awesome. Can't wait to hear more.

4. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

By the way, are there devs who don't plan to do anything regarding GDPR compliance and won't turn off EU countries?

5. micdune

micdune Boxer

Great, looking forward for your update. This is a major issue and hopefully is a top priority in your plans.

6. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

GDPR is horrible I receive 20 emails a day saying they have updated their policy. I’d rather them sell my info than get spam in my inbox. I don’t plan to do anything I haven’t updated my privacy policy in years. People don’t even read that stuff. How many emails have you guys received?

7. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

That's exactly what i wrote on my blog site:);)

"
    First thing that worries me:

User experience, can you imagine how annoying it will be for players to every time they instal even small hyper casual game to agree to all terms and conditions,

they can even be scared and don't play the game because it sounds serious and looks like spying on them if they agree"

8. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Yesterday i updated some big studio games like jetpack joyride etc to see they approche on this annoying think but there was nothing about GDPR, to be honest on every App page there is privacy policy and by downloading game user agreed to it, so maybe we just need to update our privacy policy ?

9. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

This is a good point. Probably, big players will show how to find an easy way regarding GDPR. Can you, please, post some screenshots on how they implemented that? It will be awesome if can just add the link to a privacy policy under play button and we are done.

10. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

What i mean is that you have Privacy Policy on store listing page right ? i dont know if thats enough, i was hoping that when i updated this big game there will be some start screen saying thinks about GDPR but there was nothing like that, i will try some more big games later

11. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

I mean it will be great if we can implement some comments below start button with something lik: "I Agree bla bla bla" and also there will be a small link to a privacy policy. If it is ok and major players will do something like that then it would be great.

12. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Ok there is new update form Jetpack Joyride

They doing it before even welcome screen Screenshot_2018-05-25-16-12-09.png

Christoph likes this.
  13. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

So we need to have same window and also option to put link to our privacy policy that will work same as review link that we can put in settings, we can do the work around with URL button for the Privacy Policy for this but we need help from Buildbox with window before game start with agree button etc :)

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What happens if you don't agree? I don't see a way of saying no... ?

15. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

You can only agree or exit the game :) and i would love to do its the same way in my games

All this big players are doing it this way by giving this fake choice its more like information to users

16. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

This is awesome! Hope this is a valid option to be compliant with GDPR

Lamora likes this.
  17. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

This is one of the biggest game and studio on App Store so im i'm pretty sure done this right ;) i hope so at least :) now we need to wait for Buildbox since we also need to give agree info to Ads SDK,s

18. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

If this way is valid then it seems as there is only one option to agree and play the game then probably there is no need to give an agree to SDK because a player is agreed by default.

19. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Nope and thats why we need Buildbox help
    that is for for example how Applovin wants this:

"
    AppLovin SDK requires that publishers set a flag indicating whether a user located in the European Union (i.e., EU/GDPR data subject) has provided opt-in consent for the collection and use of personal data.

For users outside the EU, this flag is not required to be set in the SDK and if set, will not impact how the ad is served to such non-EU users."

20. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

We will not give user a choice but we still need magic to happen on agree button :)