Gameplay settings doesn't automatically restore

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by kpportier, Oct 8, 2015.

1. tweettopix

tweettopix Boxer

Hi,
    I have an Action (a powerup) that changes the Gameplay settings (increase Bounce Force), if the player picks it up. I want this to happen for a Duraction of 10 seconds. However, after 10 seconds, the Gamplay settings doesn't restore itself to the original value. Is that a glitch?

I noticed that if the player dies during the active powerup, the Gameplay settings doesn't get restored.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

This was a bug in earlier versions of build box. It has mostly been fixed in v1.3.5.... UNLESS the action is linked to another object as a child

3. sappz

sappz Guest

@stevinz You mentioned "UNLESS the action is linked to another object as a child", can you please explain why? is that on purpose or a glitch?

4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

It is a bug Im pretty sure, I had put in a support request for the issue a while back. I believe its in the cue to be fixed, its probably not super high priority. Wouldn't hurt for you to do the same, though, i'm sure. The more people ask about a particular bug the quicker it is to be fixed I would think.

dark_dragon_blade_ likes this.
  5. sappz

sappz Guest

Thanks! It's totally not high priority but if someone wants to move many actions together in every scene and play around with them. I probably think that's possible through linking them all to a parent object. But if you know a way to move actions together/apply some kind of motion to them through linking, please do let us know. :)

But I probably think the best solution for now would be to place another action somewhere invisible that'll change the character back to its original state.

6. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@dark_dragon_blade_ Yes, that is what I have done for now as a workaround. Its just hard to have a particular duration depending on game play

7. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

+1 This needs to be fixed as the default Advance Gameplay Settings don't kick in after the duration of the action gameplay :( hopefully make it into 1.3.6

8. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

You can make another action of your default settings and put this action on your character when game restarts after character dies. maybe this will work ...

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  9. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Great tip! Unfortunately I'm making a tutorial where I would like the character to pause for a few seconds, unless I link a restore default action to a slow moving object like you suggested I will have to wait for a fix :(