Game Won't Start From Level 1 No Matter What

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Mar 28, 2018.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi all,

I am trying to make a game with world progress kind of game play. So each World has its own UI and they have different sets of Event Obsorvers which are total Session Points. So when points reached to 20 e.g. it jumps to next world and so on. But when the Game is over and I press start button the game doesn't start from Level 1 but starts from where it left off like Level 5.I also have checkpoints inside each world start so I could use it for rewarded video ads to continue from that world but seems this won't work cause it alreadt starts from the level that the game was over. I did al sorts of things like made the start button as Default and directed it to Level 1 - Made it a Restart Button. I even Added and Unlock Button there and made its price 0 coins in game currency and still it will start at level 6 or 7 what ever the Game was over. It is weird because this way we can no longer use the Level Buttons to unlock the levels and make the player start from the unlocked level also. Don't know maybe I am missing something but all I want to do it make the Game start from Level 1 each time. I would appreciate the help @Andy @ZackGriset

2. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @volcank, wow, all that stuff you did should have worked! Especially just setting the start button to default and then linking it to Level 1. Please send in a bbdoc to support so we can look at this. That's a super weird problem. Something must be up. Yeah, please send your game and we will let you know what we find.

volcank likes this.
  3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Are your scenes set to randomise? Maybe this is the problem? So your actual starting location will be random?

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

There are no extra scenes except the start scene it is a single screen game. so each world is single screen.

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you so much @ZackGriset I am sending it right now. Wondering what is the problem. might be me did a weird mistake but I know I have done this thing many times before. Only I don't have an end scene for each world it jumps straight to next world maybe that might be the thing don't know.

6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@ZackGriset Hi, I just sent the file by we transfer because the file was big to send through my gmail account. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

7. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Okay awesome, we will look into it. Okay sounds good no problem. We will let you know what we find :)

volcank likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you so much!! I appreciate!

ZackGriset likes this.