Game Random Crashes

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Paul M Nicola, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Paul M Nicola

Paul M Nicola Boxer

Hi All,

I have built my game and installed it via Android studio to my Galaxy S7 and S7 and it randomly crashes while playing some time it crashes within a few seconds and other time takes ages or not at all. Is there somewhere I should be looking to explain this or give you all more information to help me figure it out

Thanks
    Paul

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

You'll have to do some debugging. Check to see if it crashes at the spot in your game, disable a feature one by one, and test to see if crashes. It's a brutal process but necessary if you want to resolve it.

Jaro likes this.
  3. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    The best way for me to help is to have you send in your bbdoc along with any supporting details, computer spec's, Buildbox version & build#, video as well as screenshots. You can also send me the crash logs. (Right after a crash reopen Buildbox, then go to the 'Help' menu within Buildbox and select 'Get Logs'. The file can be found on your desktop screen.)
    Kindly send these to support@buildbox.com.

Jaro and Sean Buildbox like this.
  4. Paul M Nicola

Paul M Nicola Boxer

Thanks for the offer but it does not crash on the PC it crashes on phones so far tried it on Galaxy S9, S7 and A20 and the crash are random.

I will try removing some items to see if I can get the crash to stop and post if I find anything otherwise I will email the BBdoc to you

Thanks

Paul

5. Paul M Nicola

Paul M Nicola Boxer

I have remade the game and optimised all my images and it seems to have done the trick. I still don't know what was the problem but going forward I will be test more and just being a little more patient.