Fringe Rise

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Pandemonium, May 5, 2016.

1. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Hi guys & gals :)

Fringe Rise is finally alive!

iOS : http://apple.co/1YdlZjf

Android: coming soon.

Created by Matkame Games and released through Nanovation Labs today (May 5th 2016) and already featured in UK and most of Europe (we're still waiting for the exact count) - and Macedonia too! (my country)

Please check it out and spread the love (if you like it)

EDIT:
    Featured in 116 countries
    [​IMG]

Featured in sub-categories Arcade & Strategy is basically world-wide
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  2. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Congrats! and superb job by the Nanovation guys for stealing my Parallels app description - classy #justsaying

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  3. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Really?! Work together not steal from one another. Guess some pubs don't care if you cross lines

Kevin W likes this.
  4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

can you expound on this?

5. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Parallels:
    Guide a lost sphere through a minimal world of Parallel platforms.
    Journey through the surreal, simplistic and colorful world that is Parallels.
    What seems like an easy relaxed journey in the beginning, is destined to become fraught with danger.
    With simple one tap controls, you’ll need fast reactions, cunning timing and nerves of steel to reach the safety of the Parallel checkpoints.
    Don’t be deceived, Parallels is a relatively chilled platformer, but let your guard down and it becomes brutally hard to find the way out!

Fringe Rise:
    Guide the lost fringe monsters through a minimal world of moving platforms.
    With simple touch and drag controls, you’ll need fast reactions, cunning timing and nerves of steel to reach the new high score.
    Don’t be deceived, Fringe Rise is a relatively chilled avoidance platformer, but let your guard down and it becomes brutally hard to find the way out!

Admins feel free to delete this rant as I don't want to bring any negativity to the boards or indeed take anything away from Pandemonium's huge achievement, but it's important when teaming up with "publishers" to do your homework.

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I believe @mikafabz had a good experience with Nanovation with his game Hexavoid. Not sure if we should ignore them just because of copying some description. I really don't think it is very bad. They just saw a good description and thought it would fit to their own game too and used some parts. It's actually rather funny so take it easy guys.
    Would be nice to have links to this accusations which would it make easier for everyone to decide not to make a deal with them. It remembers me of the tactics used by Squad Social and Josiah Jenkins, pushing in game notifications telling their players they can win a Hoverboard or 500USD if they get a certain amount of points. They (hopefully) piss more people off in the long run than they win.

8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

I hit you up too :D. Check your PM.

9. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Deleted as this has got out of hand - The Publisher responded and ignored the meat n potatoes anyways :)

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for the links. They for sure are in the same line as Squad Social. Not illegal but ethically questionable. For sure it is pretty aggressive. As you say, everybody will have to make up their own mind. For some this is completely acceptable, for some not. It seems to work for them at the moment.

And sorry if we don't agree. Funny is probably the wrong word, but still I can't see that there is a lot of harm done. I would be honored if other people start copying me or I just wouldn't care too much. This is an industry which is based on copying and enhancing concepts, ideas, graphics, styles, game-plays and more. Everybody does it more or less. Buildbox is a software that even endorse it with the templates and we will see it more and more up to the moment the appstore is completely saturated with the same games. Copying a description is probably one of the smaller problems.

Would be interesting what @Pandemonium has to say about it. Congrats for the European features too. Downloaded the game now and will play a little.

Arsmen Studio likes this.
  11. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Wow - certainly didn't expected this much feedback :)

Guys - I take FULL responsibility for my game.

- @Kevin W - you helped me numerous times and you're a top-notch guy - I can only hope this won't affect our relations. I'm ready to do whatever you wish - pay you for the description - change it in an update - or something else - you name it.

- Otherwise, about Nanovation, I really can't say anything bad about the guys - my first-hand experiences are: they're very friendly, very responsive (dozens of back-and-forth emails), and are very understanding towards me as a Buildbox developer - because as most of us here - I can't code at all - and most publishers aren't understanding about this and require changes that can not be done in BB.
    - Bottom line, I'm new, Nanovation are new, and it's too early to tell how the things will turn out. (not just for me, FabMika and DeadCool too)

So how about some comments about the actual game :)
    - Any tips, about any kind of improvement? I'm all ears (well, eyes, but, you know...)

PS - please rate/review if you like it :)

Jamie, tarasgasparin and Christoph like this.
  12. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Congrats on the euro feature @Pandemonium ! The game is fun man :D

@Christoph Unfortunately I stand with @Kevin W on this one. Using a blatant lie to promote a game is a tad bit shady imho. Just because everyone is doing it doesn't make it right... sorry dad moment o_O

Christoph likes this.
  13. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Pandemonium Congratulations , we too think that this doesn't have to afect Nanovation. They made something that every body make ... well you guys can change the description! :)

14. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@Pandemonium - my real point was that it's just really lame, lazy and a bit pathetic - you don't need an update to change the description.

I actually find it really sad that some people think it's ok - but I'm glad I find it unethical and low, I'd rather be broke than make my money like that. It's not how much money you make, it's how you make it.

I hope it works out and you achieve what you desire.

15. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Congratulations! Must be a blast having a game take off!

Pandemonium likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I agree Kevin that it is lazy and not very creative. Pathetic not really. For us developers new to the industry copying is a good way to get better in what we do. If you stay like that and build your entire business strategy on copying then it's a completely other story. But I can understand and relate to it, if it is to get your feet wet and learn from the process. You are in a privileged position Kevin, a full time professional who is already at the top. With each game you publish you are even getting better and achieve a more unique style and gameplay. This is because of your experience. But we are not all there yet. Most of us are just getting started. You started too once and I'm sure you did by copying other examples from the industry. Some do it more and some less. But we all do.

17. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Sooner or later.. With the amount of games being published.. There is only so much one can say about a game before it starts to sound much like another game. I'm not taking sides, but personally I wouldn't be too bothered about a description to a certain extent. Atleast change a fee words around and not just the name of the game.

Goodluck and enjoy.

18. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Please can someone explain to me if this is the description that is causing this nasty exchanges:

Fringe is lost and needs your help to rise to the top.

Help Fringe get to the top by touching and moving your way through obstacles.

19. nanovation

nanovation Boxer

Hello fellow developers!

My name is Fred from Nanovation.

We were informed that there has been some confusion or possible misunderstanding in something we may have done.

Firstly, I'd like to introduce that we are a new publisher to the space and there is nothing more important to us than establishing a good name.

Although, we are new, we have already had smashing successes, with games reaching the TOP 10 games, TOP 25 OVERALL, and even TOP 1 puzzle games. This is all attributed to the wonderful developers who gave us the opportunity to publish their games. Yes they went ahead and took the leap of faith and published with a noob like us. We thank them!!!

Looking at this thread we see that Mr. Kevin W, feels that we have stolen his app description. Please give us the opportunity to respond to this. First if we have done any wrong to you, please accept our apology.

We are just a publisher and focus on promoting games using our large network. The indie developers come to us and provide us with all the meta data such as App Icon, Screenshots, App Description and keywords. We should have done a better job and verified if the description or keywords were not infringing on anyone else. We are sorry that we didn't do that. But it is very hard to check every single app (a few million) to ensure that the app description is unique which is provided to us by the developer.

We hope that we have resolved this situation and hope that the creative Buildbox developers will continue to believe in us and publish with us.

Thank you!

- Fred

Ishamahes, Qdeveloper and Christoph like this.
  20. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Kevin W There are 1.5 million apps and they just happened to find and steal your description? Clearly you're on Nanovision's radar. They're probably watching you right now. :D As a writer, it know that it sucks for somebody to steal your material and you can easily make a DMCA claim with Apple for violation on your copyright.

I agree with you that it's sad to see people not have an issue with it, but I guess they feel there are more egregious things. I just found out that somebody not only stole my description but also my screenshots, graphics, and app binary and posted on Amazon as their own app in another country. I'm going to bring the wrath and destroy them!

Kevin W likes this.