Free Move Node With Camera Follow & Rate Turn

Discussion in 'BBNodes' started by LBPToo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Here is one of my nodes you can download. I have listed it in a format that hopefully everyone posting a node here will use. If there need to be edits or changes to the format, please let me know. It would be great if we could keep the listings standardized.
    ====================================
    Price(FREE or PAID):
    FREE (if PAID there should be link to an another site to pay and download below)
    Node Name: Free Move w/Camera Follow - Rate Turn
    Type of Node(Content,Controls,Movement,Actions,Advanced): Movement
    Description: This node both allows a character to move around your 3D scene in all directions, with Camera Follow turned on it takes on a first-person perspective and the camera follows all the movements of the character. I have now added the option to have the character to continue to rotate depending on your mouse/finger position. There's also a new option called Max Turn Angle. You will not use this in most cases. It limits the tilt of the character in the Z axis if he's going up and down hills, or flying...or....
    Special Instructions: Ability to turn on and off Camera Follow with attribute. Turn on or off rate turn for different turing behavior.
    Author(forum name): LBPToo
    Date Uploaded: 10-30-2018
    Last Update: 11-30-2018

Preview:

Offsite Link:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Is it possible Actor stay static and i move him when i want like a FPS game. I want to make a apartment/house tour entering in rooms and etc. Is it possible? I this case i need a phisycal control in the screen to move Right, Left, Up and down on the left of the screen and in the middle and right of the screen i can use touch to move camera around the scenario. Is it possible?

3. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Most of what you want can be accomplished right now, but it would take a lot of JS programming to achieve, so if you're not currently a programmer, I would say it would be very hard to accomplish. The one big thing that's missing right now in BB3 that you need is the ability to have multiple controls available on different parts of the screen. I don't know what the plans are for this, but I certainly hope it's coming. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

4. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

And just a stop button is possiblle? When i am Walking around if i press button actor stops. If i press again so the actor continue moving

5. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

I don't think there's anyway to do it now with a button, but it's coming. The problem now is there's no communication between the UI and the game play. They are working on a solution right now to have nodes in the UI layer that I presume will be able to communicate with the 3D World, which would likely solve your problem. I don't know how much of that will be in B4 but I know they're trying to get it in. There's also a new option called Max Turn Angle. You will not use this in most cases. It limits the tilt of the character in the Z axis if he's going up and down hills, or flying...or....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  6. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

I uploaded a new version of this node that gives you the option of a rate turn. This allows you to hold one mouse/finger position and the turn will continue at that rate until you move your mouse/finger.

7. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

This is great thank you,
    I want to be able to move in the direction im looking at.
    it seems my character is stuck on like a lined path and cannot freely move around. any suggestions?

8. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Hi Laylon,
    How you want it to act is exactly how it should be acting. It's really hard to tell what might be wrong without seeing it. First, can you share the bbdoc? If not, take a screen capture of the node editor showing the free move node connected to your character, with the free mode selected so its attributes show on the right.

Bill

9. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Thank you so much, I have P`md you

10. nclark

nclark Boxer

This is amazing! Opens up a lot of possibilities. I wonder, would it be possible to only have the character move forward when the screen is touched? This way you could touch to move forward and steer and stop when lifting your finger.

11. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Hi nclark,
    Yes, that could definitely be done....but you'll have to know coding of course. It shouldn't be a huge job depending on your experience level.

Bill

12. bhanu pratap kaushik

bhanu pratap kaushik Boxer

Thanks man this is really awesome node .

LBPToo likes this.
  13. Rameo

Rameo Boxer

How to use this Asset? In buildbox drag and drop would not show this asset in character mindmap.

Help me!

14. Rameo

Rameo Boxer

How to use turn rate option in this Asset?

I am looking for temple run like turn right or turn left function. Character turn 90 Degree from his present state.

Help me guys? But This asset is awesome. Lot of Kudos to the Developer @LBPToo

15. Ehssan

Ehssan Boxer

Hi,

i just download the file , but there is not camera movement , it is spiky hair caracter!!!

can you tell me that what should i do?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  16. Ehssan

Ehssan Boxer

??
    ??
    ???
    ???
    any answer for me??

17. logic132

logic132 Boxer

Can i use mouse move node to rotate like unity?

18. manoj

manoj Boxer

Unable to drag this node to spin shooter game....error comes with unrecognized format

19. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

This node was created in 2018 and has not been updated since, so there may be some issues when used with the newer versions of Buildbox.

20. msg2max

msg2max Boxer

Hi,

i just download the file , but there is not camera movement , it is spiky hair Chicken caracter!!!

please provide me Camera & Roto Shooter