Final routing for new game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by TreySmith, Mar 24, 2016.

1. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

This looks amazing @TreySmith it's obvious this is going to be taking the concept of making games with BB to a whole new level, can't wait to see more of this!

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Hi Andy
    I also noticed this issue with the heyzap button. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it does not. So I did a test with someone from Cambodia yesterday and discovered that the button was not showing on that side but on my side it was showing.

I was worried that I have lost revenue and was already removing it to replace with iAP but if I may reconfirm from your comment, does it mean that the button shows when there is reward video available or could it also be locked down to a country?

Thanks

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL

3. GhostRadish

GhostRadish Boxer

Wow, this is very encouraging, @TreySmith. Thanks for pushing BB to the limits. This kind of progression makes me very excited about BB2! Has this game been tested on iOS yet? Any issues there?

Thanks!

----

@sysads Happy Easter to you too, and everyone else! :)

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Advertising inventory varies by country. There may be no videos available to show in Cambodia, but there will be plenty in the US or other large markets. If there is not any inventory available to show then the button will not show (otherwise you are giving things away for free). If you are doing a big game with a publisher it's worth the extra effort to get mediation setup after exporting. If you use mediation you will have a larger inventory of video available.

Jamie likes this.
  5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks so how does one setup a mediation?

7. firedevil14

firedevil14 Boxer

Keep at it, Trey! You inspire us all to keep improving our game development skills. Can't wait to see your new game.

8. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

My question is, how will the new update affect my project in which the mind map looks like this?
    I really hope this doesn't break my layout, because 93 levels really took some time and creativity to start over.
    Untitled 2.jpg

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Jamie likes this.
  10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Kadri246 It should not, but please contact support if it does... In fact we've implemented a few things that could probably reduce the need to make so many nodes in your case.

11. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Thanks Andy. What happens is that I'm using "Level 20 Complete" in the Level complete UI, each level UI the number changes notifying the user the level was cleared with a score. How would the new implementations benefit my project if I'm using a unique graphic that represents a number after each level? :)

12. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

That is awesome, @Kadri246. You might have me beat ;)

I originally had mine in a similar fashion, and that definitely gives you the most control. You'll notice on mine I have a separate world for the final level of each level section called "Final Hard" or whatever difficulty the section is in my case:

[​IMG]
    For example, I have 24 scenes in the Hard Levels world. These all share the same Game Won screen, but the 25th level uses it's own unique Game Won screen (called Challenge Complete) so I can have a specific graphic labeled "Hard Levels Completed!". Obviously this automation does limit you. You can't have specific custom messages for each level (like "You Beat Level 2-3!"). So if you want that much control, which is very cool, then your system works as well.

edwin_simonds and Ishamahes like this.
  13. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Awesome @TreySmith... So therefore I wouldn't worry then. :) You cleared it all up as I was about to shake in my boots lol.
    Can't wait to use the new update to rebuild my other projects utilizing the features you have there.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Ishamahes and TreySmith like this.
  14. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Andy, is it so hard to put (for example) Vungle too in the Awarded Video button option??
    Are we definitely staying only on HeyZap for awarded video button in the final stages of BB2 ?

15. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Great news

16. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Congrats @TreySmith this looks amazing! I am excited to what new innovations you will bring to this fantastic software!

17. nthen778

nthen778 Boxer

Damn! My brain's fried just looking at this. o_O

18. mrqwuyx

mrqwuyx Avid Boxer

@TreySmith @Andy: Is BB2.0 going to release in near future, Do you guys planning to release it in 2016 or 2017?

brdchn25 likes this.
  19. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Andy. No We usually have conversation through one single email ID. I can show you the conversations as well

20. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Best quote of the day. Maybe I have it totally wrong. Maybe it was not end Q1 2016, but Q1 2017.