Facebook Audience Network

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by ajcoryat, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Save your money. I've yet to find anyone who has actually gained traction/downloads from facebook. They use click farms too.

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

He wants to implement showing ads to his players... not spending money on ads. I don't think the fraud video really applies.

I have tried implementing it, I can get the test Ads working (banners). I don't see the interstitial videos yet, but hope they work when it goes live. I'm using it with Heyzap mediation and still working through the testing part.

--- break ----

Not to get off topic, but there is still value in advertising on facebook. The idea of people clicking on ads for no reason isn't new. Google's Ad Words had the same problem. Literally billions of ads were clicked on by people doing blackhat ad wheels. You click 1000 of my ads, and I'll click 1000 of yours. Then to muddy the water, they each have to click on 10K other ads that don't belong to either of them. People made millions doing that before Google caught on.

That said, (I don't use it) but Ad Words still has value. Especially if you're doing targeted audience, I mean laser focused. Don't put an Ad to "All of USA", Male/Female, 18-65. That is a waste of money! Anyway, the guy in the video raises a good point that I'm sure FB is already aware and trying to stop. That's the optimist in me anyway. :/

playsgames6666 likes this.
  4. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi man,

I am trying to get FB impemented to my game and even I have all green in test SDK i get: there was an error fetching the ad. Any ideas why? Is not geolocated for sure since FB is everywhere. Could you tell me if you can the following, perhaps we can help each other?

1. What SDK do you yous for heyzap meditation?
    2. What SDK do you use for facebook? The one that cane from BB or the one that Facebook offers?
    3. Did you add string and meta data in android manifest? as per FB guides?
    4. What libs did you dragged on eclipse for FB Audience Network?

Thanks,
    C