Everything Bundle - 101 Questions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jamarsoft, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jamarsoft

Jamarsoft Boxer

Hi Guy's,

So this afternoon I took the leap and purchased build box, with the everything bundle enticing me (Trey is a master marketer for sure!!).

Anyway I wondered if anybody had re-skinned any of the source codes you get with the graphics provided and if so what ROI did you get?

I saw a couple of threads about not making the $99 back every month but Id quite like to get a few games out there to at least cover my monthly cost and build from there. Is that achievable with only the everything bundle?

Thanks and hopefully I can contribute to this amazing community.

James

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

welcome to the crowd budy to get you to the point the great news even if you have crappy game it can sucessed but... with one condition to hit it with a fload of traffic so without marketing you will get 0.01 cent a day. marketing is what going to make you money the product is just a drop in the bucket. its like trey has reach you to purchase his product you will need to reach people to install your app so simple as that.

3. Jamarsoft

Jamarsoft Boxer

Wow thanks for the great reply. Ok so the marketing is key.

I see a lot about Facebook adverts but more other things other than apps (dropshipping affiliates etc). Is this a viable method for app installs too?

Likewise is buying installs worth it to try and boost its chart position or am I wasting money.

Sorry I have so many questions. There's so much advice out there but most of it is from other marketing guys trying to buy their videos or blogs or ....

Thanks again

James

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

To be honest, some of the stuff is cool but the video on Jump pack is really outdated today - 2011! And what worked then, isn't going to work today, especially as the much bigger publishers have muscled into the App Store market and spending millions on user acquisition.

If you want to pay your subscription, use great ad tools such as Admob and chartboost to generate revenue, make a well polished game and market it free(if you dont have any extra cash) by using social media, reaching out to mobile review sites etc. Just start your PR during the creation of your game process to raise awareness etc. Too many will release their game then market it - when its too late.

Your big window is the first week/launch week to get huge number of downloads and importantly, retention.

5. Jamarsoft

Jamarsoft Boxer

I just watched the jumpack 30 mins and thought interesting but even I guessed the approach was ok for back when I started getting into development (2011) but not now.

Ok so get my first screenshots out there prior to release. I think I was planning on playing around with one of the free games and free art just to see what I could come with quick to get 3 or 4 games out there an use chartboost to cross market (this was a tactic last time I looked at the games market), is this still good to do?

Are there any good and open review sites you know of so I dont waste my time pinging 100 of them and getting 99 knock backs?

Again sooooo many questions.

Thanks

James

6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

It's all about quality. If you are using the generic assets that everyone can use, many review sites may not be interested. But theres nothing stopping you posting on various iOS forums announcing your game and then seeing what traction it can get.