End Signal Of Animation Node Is Not Working

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by mamal, Jun 26, 2019.

1. mamal

mamal Boxer

Hi guys,
    i've written a script which is supposed to be triggered after an animation is finished
    but when the animation is done nothing happens!
    i've uncheked the loop option and tampered with the frame rate but nothing has worked yet !

2. RoccoManfredo

RoccoManfredo Boxer

Hi, did you find the ansWer to your question ? I have something similar. My end of animation arrives very late. Quite more than 2 seconds later. Someone can help me ?

3. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

the input of Animation Node should be continuous to enable output ( End ) if End is the input you need to triggered
    like true signal, switches etc
    but when the input signal not continuous like touch or swipes, the animation will displayed but end signal still false
    maybe long touch becoming continuous signal
    to understand what i'm saying, try this
    use this node system and test 2 times

1-simple touch to jump--- animation will enable for moment
    2-touch and keep touching ---- animation keep enable and little time(depends on number of animation frames )to enable end signal

ascascac.png

If not,
    share screenshot for node connection and script to clarify more.

this is depends on number of animation frames

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  4. RoccoManfredo

RoccoManfredo Boxer

Hello, thanks for your answer. I tried your 2 tests. And noticed the difference as you wrote. But i couldnt not make the same observation than in my game. So i tried to supress my animation node and recreated it (identically). And "magic !". My problem quite disappeared. The 2 seconds of delay were reduced to something very short.
    I think that, somehow, my previous animation node had "stored" somewhere an old list of frames that i dragged on it, but then suppressed. So the output "end" signal seemed to be true at the end of this list of frames (which contained much more frames), even if it didnt exist anymore.
    But it is an hypothesis.

mohamed awad likes this.