... create a world, where character has to avoid enemies from above [solved]

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Thoho, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Thoho

Thoho Boxer

Hi everyone!

I'm quite new to buildbox, but I see the potential the software has. The interface is quite intuitive. Nevertheless I'm stuck now. I would like to create a level, in which the character (a knight) has to avoid big fists from a giant (=enemies) coming from above. The gameplay (enemy-shape striking down) resembles the first level in this game (the lightning level): http://www.kirche-entdecken.de/lutherspiel/

I tried changing the properties to ~ "zigzag". It is working quite ok (I guess), but after three enemies no further shapes are moving towards the character. I have no idea where to look for the problem / solution.
    Is there another way to create a similar setting?

2. Depuuty

Depuuty Avid Boxer

Make sure when you duplicated your enemies that they have the same presets.. Maybe.

3. Thoho

Thoho Boxer

They do. They just keep disappearing after the first three of them touching the ground.

edit: enemy
    Enemy.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. Depuuty

Depuuty Avid Boxer

Go to advanced game and put some higher digits on the game threshold
    I think thats your problem

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

ya, delete threshold may be the issue here

edit: btw.. love the concept and art... can't wait to see a vid of that scene...

6. Thoho

Thoho Boxer

Hmm, it didn't really change a thing.
    world settings:
    Unbenannt-1.jpg

I made a copy and messed around a bit with the settings, but it's just not what I was hoping for. After a while now a fourth fist is showing up (I have no idea why), but most of them are still missing.
    After all it would be nice if there would be kind of a physics-effect (like a "mini-bounce" or camera shake) when the fist touches the ground. Right now they are just flowing through. Maybe I'll try paths or something like that - quite some things to think through and some work to be done.

7. Thoho

Thoho Boxer

Solved:
    Depuuty found quite a simple solution: instead of creating a line of fists one over another you only need two enemy objects (one on each side) and after that you'll have to put a spawner on the enemy. Done.
    It worked like a charm. Also it's a quite more elegant solution than my original setup. :)

Thanks again!

Depuuty likes this.
  8. mocro9

mocro9 Boxer

can u please explain to me how the spawner option work ? thank u

9. Thoho

Thoho Boxer

It's really not that complicated: choose an object you want to spawn > "add component" > spawner.
    Voila! You just "transformed" an object into a spawner.