Character Selection Crashes Game

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by sahilitrix123, Dec 31, 2016.

1. sahilitrix123

sahilitrix123 Boxer

Hi guys,

I am trying to add a multiple character select onto my game over scene, but when I run the game, and it reaches the game over scene, buildbox crashes. The entire application crashes every time. It only occurs when I try putting a character select, otherwise it works fine. The character selector was working before in the earlier stages of the game, but now it is crashing it every time. I have 10 atlases in the game. Does it have to do with this?

Thanks for any help.

2. sahilitrix123

sahilitrix123 Boxer

I tried making a new game for testing and added 13 atlases and I put the character selection here, and the game works fine, so I don't think this is the problem

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It probably is a missing image or something. Try to run the optimize tools (including optimizing the atlas) and if the problem persist try to delete one character after the other to see if the problem goes away. Do this with a copy and not your original bbdoc. It's just to see if you can debug the file by deleting the problematic element.

Nihat likes this.
  4. sahilitrix123

sahilitrix123 Boxer

@Christoph I figured that the crash is occurring whenever I set the monetization of a character to "free" and add a Trail effect to the character. This seems to crash it every single time I've tried, even when I created a new project, added a character, and went through the process. The game works fine if the game characters are all set to anything other than free or if there is no trailing effect, but when both of these are included, it crashes. This seems to be a bug and I can't find a way to work around it.

Christoph likes this.
  5. sahilitrix123

sahilitrix123 Boxer

Also, the crash still occurs in whatever scene the character select is placed, so if the character select is removed, it works perfectly. But when it is added and the conditions above are met, it crashes.

Christoph likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Definitely send a sample bbdoc to support so they can fix it.

7. codybonnett

codybonnett Boxer

I'm seeing the same issue. When you go to the UI with character select on it it crashes every time. My characters have trails as well.