Character Button Only Works Once Each Game

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by mgrimberg, Aug 12, 2018.

1. mgrimberg

mgrimberg Boxer

I think I've found a bug whit the newest Buildbox update.

Explanation on what to achieve:

I've got a character that I want to ascend when a character-button is pressed and descend when it's released. I achieve this by adding advanced movement to my character. One with linear velocity 30 and one with linear velocity -15 on release.

My problem:

The first time i push the button my character starts to ascend, like intended. When I release the button it descends, like intended. When I push the button again the character wont ascend but keeps descending.

The weird part:

This implementation was working perfectly before I updated Buildbox, so that has to play a big role in this happening.

Just let me know if this lacks information. I will then provide you with whatever you want.

Best regards,
    Marcus

2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

This is a known bug with advanced movements in version 2.3.6 and should be fixed in the next release.

3. zeeshan.m

zeeshan.m Boxer

I am using BB3, and I do not see Character Button at all. What should be the issue? i had been contacting support, but no response. I have starter $19 license. Please guide.
    upload_2020-7-6_18-29-6.png

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox support would have been off on an extended 4th July weekend. You are currently in the game UI menu. There's no character to display.

Click on the tab on the left 3d World - this is where your game will be. The UI will be the home for buttons.

5. zeeshan.m

zeeshan.m Boxer