Character Bullet And Next Scene

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by TheGameAppStudio, Feb 8, 2018.

1. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

I would like to know if a character bullet hits an enemy is it possible to go to next scene when enemy dies?
    Note: A character hasn't been set . Its a basketball template and ball is a character bullet.
    Tried adding set checkpoint and next checkpoint but no hope.
    Anyone???

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You could collect a point every time the Enemy is hit, then use an Event Observer to move Worlds/UI etc when you collect X amount of Points.

3. TheGameAppStudio

Well tried it too.
    I haven't added any character to world.I believe checkpoints and coins responds only when character collides.
    What i did is i placed an object as platform and attached another object as character bullet.
    What i need to achieve is when that character bullet collides with enemy it must add a point and go to next scene.Is this possible?

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

If the Enemies are successfully being defeated, just collect a Point and control the game ending using an Event Observer.

Sure you need a Character in the scene but just make it invisible and hide it somewhere and make the points huge so the character collects it.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  5. TheGameAppStudio

Thanks for the tip.Somehow i made it work but my new problem is how to show game over screen if character bullet collides with other object such as platform and not enemy.

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Use an Advanced Move and put a giant invisible Enemy that defeats Character inside the Advance Move of the Object, so when it collides with it, it releases the giant enemy and you get Game Over.

7. TheGameAppStudio

8. TheGameAppStudio

@AaroArts referring your template i got what i needed, but i would like to know how will i advance to next scene or world.Tried even observer i.e individual ui with individual world and soon each session point, it passes to next world but unfortunately it just pass to 1 world alone on second world buildbox closes with error.
    Mean while menujump in world requires character collision ie when enemy is defeated a duplicate character connected to enemy gets disconnected and character drops to menujump followed by next stage but the problem is if enemy isn't defeated like said before if the ball hits except the enemy the game over doesn't show due to duplicate character.Is there any proper way to get it done?

9. TheGameAppStudio

Figured that out.....
    Solution : Just connected enemy to character

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Your game sounds really interesting.
    Sometimes if you just play around you manage to figure something out.

Personally I stick to separate worlds for all levels. It’s just easier to navigate and change things if you need too.

11. TheGameAppStudio

Will see how it goes .With any hacks i would like to breach the limitation of buildbox :) i.e bend the gameplay as per my wish .

Btw like said before using Menu Jump i was able to navigate to next level but i found another problem i.e when i restart game after gameover the score doesn't reset to zero .It shows some random score.
    Any solution for that ?

12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Check your Label isn’t set to “All Worlds” or “Best”.
    You probably want to set it to an exact world and use “Current” :D

13. TheGameAppStudio

Well that could be.I have set all worlds.But setting individual world for score defeats the purpose of score in game i.e new world shows when ever player scores 1 point.So if i set individual world and corresponding score as current the scoreboard will show score as 1 always without any increment though world might change based on the progress f the game:eek::confused:.

14. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Without knowing what you’re doing/how your game works and looks it’s hard to advise you the best way to go.

Are your Worlds in order?
    You could always put 3 Points on top of your character at the start of World 3, so when you get there, you’ll automatically start with 3 Points etc.

15. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,
    As per you basketball template here is what i did.Enemy gets defeated with 1 point and character gets defeated with gameover.Based on your template what i need to achieve is when i score 1 point i need to go to next stage.can you tell me how to do that with your baseball template?
    If this didn't work i will try to send my game.

16. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Ok, so I remade it because I can't remember what I did with the Basketball template.
    But if you look at the ScoreThenMove BBDoc attached, it starts the game at World 1, lets you shoot and score, then moves you to World 2 and so on.
    Is this what you mean?

Each World just has Actions over-layed on the Character so when you get to the next World you have the Point you earned in the previous.
    If you don't like doing it like that, you can remove the Actions and change the Labels to display "All Worlds" instead of "Current World" and change the Event Observers to use "Total Points" instead of "Session".

Attached Files:

17. TheGameAppStudio

Yes that's what i mean.But unfortunately i can't open the bbdoc.It says unrecognisable format.Is it made in 2.3.2 ? i haven't updated yet.
    can you write the moving part alone if possible?
    Thanks for your help btw.Thanks for spending your time to help me :)

18. TheGameAppStudio

19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

What version are you using?
    I’ll make one in a couple of hours.

20. TheGameAppStudio

v 2.2.8 .Thank you