...change bullet direction with character direction?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by heathclose, Feb 13, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

If i walk right, i shoot right because i have the spawner's linear direction set up to do so... but if i walk left and fire, of course, the bullets still spawn to the right... is there a way to change the direction like with image direction for character? walk left fire left, walk right fire right.... is this possible?

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

I haven't managed to find a way yet. So probably not. BB isn't really the best for shooter games right now

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Hmmmm... Any ideas how this is being done?

4. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

I have purchased that template too. let me take a look inside! lol

Edit _ on the Gameplay settings at the very bottom, it has IMAGE DIRECTION ticked, so I unticked it and when pressing left to move and shoot, it didn't. So I think its that.

Just to confuse matters, I also noticed that all the images have been placed in facing << LEFT direction but I can't see if that makes a difference
    Direct link
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    tweettopix likes this.
  5. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@jigglybean @heathclose Place a bullet into the bullet animation area. I think spacebar is the shooting default.

6. todro

todro Avid Boxer

The bullet animation doesn't change the orientation (not flipping 180°), therefore switching direction results in bullets flying backwards :D

7. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Round bullets solve that issue

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I do not have that project but I do not think if that was done by bullet animation or any kind of animation BB provides for the character. It must have been done by adding a Character Bullet type of object to the Start scene and link that to the character. This way it works flawless to me. Nothing else worked for me.

On this screenshot I have put the bullet object (yellow ellipse) to the right, but you can put right on the middle or elsewhere, and you can make sure the Z axis is in such that the character animation covers the bullet object.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 12.18.53 AM.png

9. Nova.NBR

Nova.NBR Boxer

Is this problem solved in BB2?. Because in BB1.3.7 this bullet problem still there (when i turn left and shoot, the bullets change the posittion, rescale automaticly to 1, and bullets still flying backward) Maybe they not consider that as a bug. Or any other solution to forbid character to shoot when moving to the left?.

10. cmgrett

cmgrett Boxer

Hello, for some reason my bullet does not come from my character, help!

11. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Check if your character animation is placed properly in the Idle/run/Shooting animation