Camera Movement Stuff

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by JustBraden, Oct 13, 2018.

1. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

I’m not sure this is possible, but here’s what I am trying to do in BB2:

You start at the top of the scene (vertical portrait scrolling downwards). You fall down to the bottom, and I want the camera not to follow the player.

When you reach the bottom of the scene and head into the next scene, I want the camera to follow the player or move up temporarily and stop so that the player is at the top of the screen again.

Here's a diagram:
    Black circle = Player
    Orange = Game View

[​IMG]

I would appreciate it so much if anyone could help out! If you need any clarity, let me know ;)

2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Hmmm, I think I understand what you are trying to do, but I do not think that Buildbox is capable of doing this at the moment. :( Maybe @ZackGriset or @Andy knows.

JustBraden likes this.
  3. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

yeah that's possible.

I think when characters are affected by advanced move, it stops the camera from tracking it until there's player input again. But I am not sure how to move the character back up to the starting position :p

4. Jayant Mall

Jayant Mall Boxer

Im looking for something slightly opposite but associated with Camera Tracking. I tried reducing the Game Frame but the problem is that the camera follows the player up the he jumps but doesn't follow him back down when he lands...

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Make sure that the the game frame is smaller then the character and make sure it is grey on all sides.

Jayant Mall likes this.
  6. Jayant Mall

Jayant Mall Boxer

I did that man and it didn't work... I've seen some pretty veteran boxers having the same problem in a thread. Its as if the camera tries to come back down but just stops short of its original height.