Buildbox Lagging Help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by patostar, May 11, 2018.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hello
    I am creating like a quiz app game, but it doesn't work if I put the quiz questions inside the world, like we usually do in each scene, it only works if I create a new world ui (create the green menu in mind map) so user go to the next question if he answers the right question in each level, so far I have like 80 world ui, it's working but if I want to create more questions it lags too much, what should I do? in the atlases there are too much images, I resized and made all images too small but it's still lagging.

2. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

The memory that Buildbox games uses is insane. That’s why games lag and will eventually crash and led to uninstalls and poor user experience. It’s Buildbox’s coding that is causing this. Most buildbox games I’ve downloaded are so choppy you can’t even play and will eventually crash.

B2D and patostar like this.
  3. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

You don't need to use worlds to create a quiz app, you should only be using UI's. Unless your doing something really funky.
    Then you can have as many UI's as you want and should perform fine.
    Also try keep your atlases down to more than 5...

patostar likes this.
  4. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

yes I know that's what I am doing, I am using only one world, but I created so many UI's, and it's still lagging, and a lot of users said it gets off the game and quits! That's why I had bad reviews and rates all of them said they can't even play the game :/

5. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Can I see the Quiz App? Where can I download it?

6. noahcdesign

noahcdesign Avid Boxer

I make quiz apps with the same procedure and there is no lag. Maybe there is something wrong other than the many uis?
    You can see for yourself by clicking on the appstore link here under this message. Are you uploading your apps to the appstore or google play store?