Buildbox 3 Beta Ios: Integrated Banner And Interstitial Ads (heyzap) With Custom Options

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by particles, Oct 16, 2018.

1. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Hi is there an Android thread for this because i can't find it?

2. AntonA111

AntonA111 Boxer

Thank you so much for this. I followed everything you said, but It said: Use of undeclared identifier 'HeyzapAds' in AppDelegate.mm. Do you know what to do?

3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Try re-importing the Heyzap framework file

4. AntonA111

AntonA111 Boxer

thanks for the quick reply but it didn't work. what did you include as the banner reference, did you just leave it as *banner? in the code

5. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

Thanks @

-(void)showInterstitial{
    NSLog(@"[Ads] show interstitial");
    if (self.interstitial.isReady) {
    [self.interstitialpresentFromRootViewController:[UIApplicationsharedApplication].keyWindow.rootViewController];
    } else {
    NSLog(@"Ad wasn't ready");
    }
    }

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Thanks @particles for his amazing tutorial. How about Android setup with Android Studio?
    How do you add banners and interstitials?

7. armin49

armin49 Boxer

Hi I am a solo developer and I am not good with coding
    I am trying to implement AdMob mediation to my project in bb3 with Android studio and I watched all the tutorials I could find. but all of them either were for iOS or bb2 project so I am completely in a loss on this matter I say again my problem is not how to mediate with AdMob ore use of different Ad companies I mean I can't make use of this new custom set in bb3 advertisement selection.
    what is ADintegrator?
    how we can use android studio to implement ads (all kind of ad types) in bb3?
    You select the custom one and you do what in Android studio? I appreciate any help thanks.
    @particles

8. particles

particles Avid Boxer

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi! Thank you for this tutorial great one however when I use the ad integrator I can not seem to make it work I mean the build is fine but it doesn't open up in my phone. I only didn't enter the the id for TEST DEVICE since I didn't register for it but I only use the test Ids that Admob provides. When I follow Zack's tutorial the build fails and when I only import the adintegrator with my ids (except test device I leave that XXXX) and also drag and drop google sdk into frameworks it builds fine only it doesn't open up in my phone. it seems like opening up and crashes right away. Could you please if possible tell the steps that we need to do except the parts of importing ad integrator and admob sdk. Thank you.

10. particles

particles Avid Boxer

@volcank. You no need to register test device id. When you run your game in Iphone through Xcode, you will see test device id in the log of the Xcode console.

volcank likes this.
  11. particles

particles Avid Boxer

12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm that is useful and good to know thank you! So is it enough to enter only the id inside ad integrator or should I also register that at Admob site? Another thing is when I use test device id I think I can show regular ads instead of test ads right?? Thank you!

13. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Yes. No need to register at Admob site. It will still show test ads but it will show immediately.

volcank likes this.
  14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Nice thank you!! Found it and hope the admob integration works now! Do I have to do all the things that Zack does at youtube video I mean he actually reimports google ads framework second time by hitting add another also changing the Directory of Libs to see frameworks etc. Or should I just import adintegrator (modified with my ids ) and GoogleAds framework. Btw what happens when I publish do I leave the test id still there or should I leave that blank? Thank you!

15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I did all the steps you showed in the link you share for admob and I also did evertything that Zack shows and the app opens and shuts down right away. Not sure if this is happening because I have the encryption is clicked on in export settings.

16. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Yes. just updated AdIntegrator and GoogleAds framework. And you can still leave your test id, no harm.

17. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Maybe, disable encryption.

volcank likes this.
  18. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

No still it didn't work. Now trying heyzap gave up on admob. But now admob banners through heyzap seems to slow down the game. But now saw a thread in here which you say leave banner and interstitial only in gameover node and disable in others. Might that be reasons I also had banners on in game ui also? Will it show banner during game if I leave banner only in game over??

19. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@particles When I integrate heyzap when showing admob banner the game slows down maybe x4 speed very ridicilously any idea why that might be happening? Thanx

20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @particles again sorry for this. (talking for heyzap) Since banners slows down the game dramatically I would like to show banner only in GameOver Screen and seems even tough I disable banner on other UIs it still shows the banners there. Is there a way to show banner only in GameOver UI?? Thank you! (Also I tried many ways and seems with admob I can not make it work with adintegrator) the app simply opens and closes right away! I am using the latest admob sdk thinking this might be the problem.