Buildbox 3.0 Alpha 3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by TreySmith, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Phill Mason likes this.
  2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

So you didn't, it was the other guy who went for a "lol". I am funny though :) My Mum said so........

AaroArts likes this.
  3. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Yeah, I gotcha. I was also complaining though, so I took that to include me as well. And I think the complaints are 100% warranted. And even as a joke, your dry humor may dissuade others from posting their feedback about this, or other, situations.

I'm reading in the discord and half the people have seen the video, and half haven't, just seems awkward to me.

As I said before, luckily someone streamed the event on Facebook, so I've actually been able to watch the event several times already, and have gotten pretty familiar with the software. Whereas, if this wouldn't have been the case, I would still have to wait another 2 hours from now to even get my chance to watch it one time.

My team and I already have a game concept, and a set of 3D models, ready to go as soon as we get the beta download link. If I wouldn't have gotten the chance to watch the video last night, the entire day today would have been wasted. And for people doing this for a living, an entire day of downtime is huge.

Yeah, I expected them to email the beta link to everyone at the same time, and post the link on the forums, like they usually do. My comment was about the video only. Again, being able to see the video a day early, before getting my hands on the beta, and having the ability to re-watch, was a huge help, and I hope they go the usual Youtube route in the future.

Also, just to be clear, they said the beta will drop at 5PM PST.

Anyway, Buildbox 3 looks fantastic though, and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.