Buildbox 2 Support And Another Price Model?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Feb 2, 2020.

1. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I get that. Unfortunately I do not know much about code. But, it looks like I'm just gonna need to learn cause I ain't lettin this set back stop me. I'm hoping the Brainbox idea is gonna keep me around supporting Buildbox but, only time will tell on that for now gonna finish what I got ready for publishing do some updates and move forward.

2. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Sure. Great advice. Thanks. Just learn to code bruh :D

MAC420 likes this.
  3. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

If we had a store or some kind of way to share/create custom brain boxes then you won't need to learn to code but yes, it is good to know how the stuff works behind because you can start to optimize and fix possible issues.

4. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

So basically BB3 will be a No-Code program once everybody figures out the code to make new Brainboxs. Because BB2 is no-code hands down and that's what separated it from all the rest. BB3 is no-code but, code much like their competitors who have been doing it for a while now with very good stability, large documentation and updates/support for their older versions as well. What makes BB3 original is it's no-code with code 3D programing. I haven't seen that before. I am pleased how ever to see there will eventually be Brainboxs and some extras to make it a truly original, like no other No-Code program. But, how long til that is actually done? No one knows as know one could know. I don't expect an answer on that question cause that all relies on how many are actually working on cracking these codes to make more boxes, what not and as I'm coming into issues with the already available boxes and I see this is gonna take a while. So, because there is no idea how long this process will take, I really do believe US the ones wanting to work souly with BB2 for now until BB3 has the full 2D no-code capability's of BB2 should continue to get fixes and get it's own sub and price. I know I'm beating a dead bush here but, it's how I feel and I'm sure some of the FREE subscribers would appreciate a FREE version of BB2 (as I have seen some ask for it but, it's not included with the FREE version) plus a separate paid subscription for full BB2. But, then again I'm still waiting for Soundbox, Animationbox and Voxelbox to become available for sale. Man the money their actually missing out on from stuff that is already completed is crazy, What was the actual point in making all those things and never offering them in a sub? In the words of the AVGN "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?" Or currently thinking. Ok well I'm done they gonna do what they gonna do and I'm just talking to a wall.

Jaro likes this.
  5. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

The saddest thing is that those who brag everywhere, what a great forum they have and great users at this moment do not even have the courage to answer their simple question: what will happen with BB2? Is this okay with users?

MAC420 likes this.
  6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I'm not here to brag about anything but I think BB2 will have the same fath like BB1 had when they delivered the next iteration. As I sad before I encourage everyone to start coding and understanding the coding aspect even if they say this is a nocode software.

Here is what I think that we have and not have at this point after I use this software since November last week.
    Pro:
    - Learn to code
    - Have control on everything
    - Vast experience in javascripting
    - Learning OOP even if I think is not that user friendly at this point

Cons:
    - Missing important features like custom brain boxes
    - No Intelij in order to understand/have suggestions on how to code this.entity. (what properties that entity has) we have an API but it's hard to find something in a search based webpage (a PDF would be something good)
    - No proper support for classes and object initialization so you cannot create player classes that can be called from a point object for scor (this is just the first example that came into my mind)
    - Log errors are to generic we should at least have a line number indicating where the issue is
    - Ability to code nodes/write code in a separate window with a hierarchy list for objects for instance if we have 2 objects player and point to be a hierarchy of objects that can be expanded and individual nodes to be selected and to reveal it's proper code C#, C++ Java every OOP has this implemented and easy to use.
    - Debugging possibility with line by line information with breakpoints etc

7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Yes. cool. Everyone knows what is good, what is bad and what is still needed. But this is not the subject of this discussion. The problem is a little different than you want to explain to us.

33Shox likes this.
  8. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Well, I started the discussion and don't want to list the pros and cons of Buildbox 2 and 3. It's just that buildbox 2 finally has almost no crashes and is sufficient for my purposes (2D) and as long as the 100% support of buildbox 3 doesn't go to 2, version 3 is completely uninteresting for me. I would appreciate that buildbox 3 has full support to 2 but this will never work without sacrifices. So it would be great if at least a few wishes would be included in version 2, like finally reward video con addmob (which was a wish forever). Points coins and customer points. All this has been a wish forever and was never considered and should be no problem for the Buildbox staff to implement. The other never fulfilled wishes I don't list bodies otherwise the tread won't be longer.

Another thing is that I use buildbox 2 because it is very simple and when I want to program I use other engines which are much better ;).

33Shox and diamdiamubi like this.
  9. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Ok so I spent more time with BB3 and what a mess it's just not ready I spent a few hours building my next game in it and half of what I watched on a tutorial didn't work right. Then there's the things that have been asked for over and over again for BB2 that we're not even seeing in BB3 like adding videos, controller support, console support and many others. Pretty much it's a new system lacking everything from the old system. A new system that works like many other systems only not as well and we with fewer options, as it's not finished. I'm going to do what I said I was going to do and finish out my currant work and then I'm off to a new game maker that I just used their free version and built more in it of my game within less then hour compared to trying it in BB3. If you guys would do something to keep BB2 going strong while you fix BB3 I would probably stay but, the silence to my questions are telling me to move on. I hope everyone, everyone reading this thread does great at what they want to do, much success to you all. I'm out. Few more months and I'm moving on.

10. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi all
    @Vlad-NY
    If I understood correctly then all the games on bb2 which took me 2 years to build I am reconstructed on bb3? where I misunderstood
    I have a flat game form the drawing and building my took 2 years on bb2 you want I reconstructed on bb3?
    you can explain thank you

Jaro likes this.
  11. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Short answer is yes if you want to switch from bb2 to bb3 you have to port everything. Currently the BB3 has missing nodes that are available only on BB2 (portal for example) but when they will add all functionality from BB2 into BB3 then it could be used to create both 2D and 3D games with nocode in mind + you will have more control over your game

MAC420 likes this.
  12. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi all
    @Vlad-NY
    thank you for your answer but time costs a lot of money I prefer to drop the project than rebuild it again, and besides it is the buildbox policy of building a game and moving on to something else, what I find pity

33Shox and MAC420 like this.
  13. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Of course this will be the case if these functions are ever added. We don't know that yet. Unless you have some information ??

MAC420 likes this.
  14. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I don't have any information about that but I assume that they have something for asset sharing/nodes in mind for upcoming releases

Jaro and MAC420 like this.
  15. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

:)

16. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

cool stuff :)

MAC420 likes this.
  17. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

With the added brain box, we are actually almost there. Why don’t you check out the new beta and let us know how we can improve it

18. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

We have the asset store that we are currently working on. It will be helpful for many users

19. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

i did not want to start a discussion about bUILDBOX 3 i only wanted to point out that version 2 is sufficient for my purposes and i would be very happy about further support. Since buildbox 3 will not be able to import buildbox 2 projects to 100% in the future. I would also like to continue using version 2, because I find Buildbox 3 better than the 2 version. I'm talking about 2D not 3D ( 3D is not interesting for me) .
    I had bought the version at that time and never wanted the 3d version.
    Something else is, I don't want to be a beta tester again for a new version and pay for it again. Buildbox 2d is great. It's a pity that they don't work on it anymore and that it will take forever for buildbox 3 until it is stable again.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Ionut Andrei, diamdiamubi and MAC420 like this.
  20. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

For real tho. I'm not looking to be a beta tester either. I want to use the equipment that is stable and is full on #Nocode I don't understand why this is such a topic or why it's so hard to do what we are asking. You quit literately have a bunch of people who want to pay you to use your "older" program. Who I'm assuming my take their business else where once they realize currently the new version of the program isn't done or ready to be used by the 2D users. I can guaranty people looking for a no-code 2D game engine try out BB3 in it's current form are going to go with another program. Putting BB2 down is not smart or cool. We all have games being built in BB2 and your just telling us "Well to bad you're gonna have to re-build all of them including the ones you already have available to consumers in this program that doesn't do what we said it would do." If the program worked the way we were told it was going to work we wouldn't be pissed. But, it don't work right. Don't say we all matter either, you quit literately made a new program and waited to focus on the 2D side of it until you "Officially" released it. This whole last year feels like I was being ripped off by you now. All that work down the drain. Thanks

33Shox and Jaro like this.