Buildbox 2 questions for Trey and Co?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Perry, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

Hello sir and minions!
    First off, love the new video! Looks like an amazing piece of software with multitudes of new features.

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to grant answers to a few questions. I a was going to by Buildbox and start developing a second game(Since I had so much fun making Enemy Mine), but I may hold off until Buildbox 2 so that I can utilize what looks like a lot of amazing features!!
    So, I was hoping you could shed some light on a few things.
    • Is there a release date?
    • Do you have target price? More importantly, will there be a subscription option?
    • Perhaps a list of features? So that many of us can start to brainstorm new concepts and hit the ground running!
    Thank you guys for any information you are willing to share!
    Namaste
    Perry

wcgames likes this.
  2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

Hi Perry,

great questions. Don't bank on what I am going to say as "the truth" (I am already denying before I even say it...).

For what I heard, directly or indirectly:

- Soon (before Christmas?)
    - The full price has yet to be released and so the upgrade. Subscriptions would remain the same;
    - So far what we picked from the video: particle effect, multiple "worlds", totally new look and feel, integrated tutorials (good one);

Hopefully somebody who is in "the secret chambers" can fill in the missing dots.

3. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hi Perry,

I can't comment on everything (this is a large product and things are still changing) but I can say this:

- Price will be the same as now. We will have the same option to purchase or subscribe.

- Anyone who purchased a full pay license on or after October 1st 2015 gets upgraded for free.

- Subscribers will get access automatically, but can obviously only use the software while the subscription is active

- As for features, there will be multiple worlds, a particle generator and a new UI as seen in the latest video, but that is just scraping the surface. There are about 150 changes and additions to the software.

We will show everything on an event next week, including options that vastly expand gameplay. I believe we are up to 27 gameplay presets now, and that was removing a couple from BB1 that we felt were redundant.

We created a large list of games we wanted to be able to make with Buildbox 2 - everything from Donkey Kong to Crossy Roads - and worked really hard on not adding cookie cutter fixes to make it happen. We ended up adding a new core function to Buildbox to make this work. It's really crazy. There is tons of room for weird tricks and expandability we haven't thought of yet.

And that was probably the coolest thing about Buildbox 1 to us... Watching the community stump us on a consistent basis. BB2 will push that in a totally new direction.

Other than that, I want to save the rest for the event ;)

4. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

@TreySmith

You guys rock!! Thank you so much. Can't wait to see more details as they come out.

5. lekanoofficial

lekanoofficial Boxer

really cool!I can not wait to install bb 2

6. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Man I keep getting more hyped about this.:D

7. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

We get teased all the time :p

8. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Firstly, outstanding production on the video's team BB - super polished and really enjoyed watching all of them :)

We're truly excited here to see the new version as now BB is our primary dev tool - great stuff folks and can't wait to see what the future brings!

9. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

This is the best news ever. I purchased mine on the 8th of Oct so I get a FREE upgrade :D :cool:

10. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

trey mentioned before that what it amazing about crossy road that you can play it in portrait and landscape mode you just need to rotate your phone and that make it perfect for tvos so is the games made with bb2 have this capability and is there tvos export

+ i there the multiplayer option

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  11. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

The final video is posted guys. Go take a look

12. ozveelwozf

ozveelwozf Boxer

13. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

This is going to be really great guys , can't wait ;););)o_O;)!!!

14. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

My fave part :)
    Things are shaping up nicely :)

15. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

My Q is can you use something made in BB 1(whatever the 30 day version is) in BB2? And/or will there be a 30 for BB2? I'm just finalising some art before diving in with a great idea and not sure to hold and wait for BB2 - which sounds just so exciting or start on BB1?

16. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Yes, we will have full backwards compatibility.

netkomm, buman, Rebel Studios and 6 others like this.
  17. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

HI @TreySmith BB2 is going to make our New year special ;)
    really excited about BB2 :)

further I have question.
    1. For who Owned BB (license), will get BB2 as free update or we will have to pay some extra to use BB2?

18. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

HOLY COWABUNGA!!!!! So many new and awesome features in Bbox2!!! :eek::eek: too bad we'll just have to wait this one out for a while due to our budget :( BTW @TreySmith is there a deadline for the discount? We have fully purchased Bbox 1 and we hope that this discount remains open for as and when we would like to get it... Possible? :)

Jamie likes this.
  19. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

@Bliz636 The cut off date for automatic upgrades is October 1st, 2015. Anyone who ordered on or after that date gets upgraded for free.

@Rebel Studios No deadline for upgrade discounts :)

buman likes this.
  20. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

AWESOME!!! Thanks a whole lot @TreySmith ... we are definitely working towards it :)