Buildbox 2 - Early Access - BETA4 is here

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Andy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@Garyo there is an issue where if you've run preview and closed it down, sometimes it then prevents you editing any of the values. This might be what's causing your problem. I reported it to support a while back and was hoping beta4 might fix it, but it's still happening.

If that is the issue, the easiest way around it I've found, is to run preview again and then shut it down straight away. It seems to clear the problem.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We know the issue is there for some people, but we're unable to reliable reproduce the text value editing issue. This is preventing us from fixing it for good so far. Any additional details or info is welcome. Any detailed steps or videos can be sent to support. As soon as we can get a lock on it we can fix it.

3. dtanner2000

dtanner2000 Boxer

Thanks @Garyo, that works opening and closing preview quickly.
    @Andy I have tried this on new and existing games and get the issue on both. I'll do a quick screen record and send in.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@dtanner2000 @Garyo @steve

Also, with this value editing issue, if you hit enter after editing data it should save 100% of the time. It should save the value regardless but doing that should force it. Can anyone confirm hitting enter on the keyboard after changing a value does NOT fix the issue for them?

6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @Andy, I've noticed when you jump up away from a path,the 'Attraction Force' of the path varies depending on how many 'path points' are set out. I'll try and explain:
    If I have one circle point of the path at let's say x50 and the next at x550 and I jump close to point 50, my character really takes its time to drift back down to the path, but if I have 10 circle point between point X50 and point X550, then my character is drawn down towards the path much faster.

Q: Is this the characteristic of the path logic, or should the line of the path attract the character or other asset back to it regardless of circle path points? I don't think this is specific to Beta 4 as it happened in my last build in Beta 3.

7. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@Andy in ticket number 42523 I detailed the steps and included a video showing it going wrong (not in the original ticket - but in one of the replies).

I can confirm that hitting the enter key does save the value, but tabbing away from the field doesn't.

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Phill Mason
    I'm not sure I understand 100% but if you are saying what I think you are it may be a bug. I think the "attraction force" should be consistent. If you can send an example file that illustrates the issue sending to support that would be helpful. Otherwise I'll make a note and investigate when I am able.

@steve
    Thanks, tabbing saves the value for me as well. But I will check out the ticket and video right now.

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@steve @Garyo @dtanner2000 Thanks a million guys.

Took a while but we are finally able to reproduce this value editing issue! It's a weird mix of 2 or 3 different conditions. Will be fixed in the next release for sure. :)

Garyo and heathclose like this.
  10. BeepDing

BeepDing Boxer

will it be different if running in a windows 8 instead of using mac? downloading now... thanks Andy. cant wait to try out... hopefully this version solve the bugs i had in one of my game that using bb2 beta 2 version.

11. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Downloading an older version B#29 instead of B#930 for some reason. Using the link from the licence key email on Mac.

12. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Multi Worlds still displaying identical backgrounds. This was a known bug... not fixed.

13. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@edwin_simonds That was a BB1 email... you should have received a BB2 Early Access email.

@ajcoryat Separate background per world is coming. You will see it in the change log when it is included. Not everything that needs to be done will get into any particular release.

14. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Yeah @Andy I had emailed support about this sometime ago and they said it was being worked on. Just disappointed it didn't make it into this version.

15. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Ah got it, cheers @Andy

16. fredi

fredi Avid Boxer

I get the same on El Capitan.

17. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I'm glad I'm only ten scenes in... every
    OK.... after spending a LONG time becoming very frustrated as to why this won't work... I notice this post (I should have searched much sooner), and no else has commented on this... Is this a bug? Is this why my start checkpoint button does nothing... I thought I was missing something...
    @Andy

18. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@heathclose Did you email support@buildbox.com to open a support ticket? That is really the best way to get it sorted. I can't tell you here what is wrong without seeing your file.

19. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

@heathclose we have already contacted Support Team regarding Checkpoint sending them video and .bbdoc file from BB2 Version 3 and BB2 Version 4.
    Got reply that they still testing and checking it . As soon as we get answer we will let you now.

20. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @Andy, just sent a bbdoc replicating what I was describing about the Path's Attraction Force. Hope it's something I might be missing, or a simple fix, cheers.