Buildbox 2.3.8 Beta #2515

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there! Buildbox 2 will still be supported, however we are working on bringing the 2D elements that make Buildbox 2 great into Buildbox 3 as well so it will be able to be used for 2D easy and effectively as well

I'm working on one last hold up to make 2.3.8 official as well

Hue Buildbox and HG-2018 like this.
  2. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

What about the performance? In Buildbox 2 I always run into the limits of Buildbox and when I make too many objects in a scene the FPS go down a lot, I don't use a lot but you're quickly at the limits of Buildbox, we've been working on it ?

3. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hello
    BB2, I work on a platform game all that goes well, except missing the funcionality of partucil UI rating would be great to add, and also the time delay of this partulule for that stops, es what it is posible to add on buildbox 2.8 officiale?

4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

We're always working to optimize better, but there will always be constraints with mobile processors. You do have way flexibility however because there is also scripting abilities on top of everything. Don't forgot about best optimization practices: http://help.buildbox.com/en/articles/1986110-optimizing-your-game

Not sure what you mean on partucil UI, can't you clarify?

5. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

[​IMG]

hello Sean
    on the 'UI' when the player wins I would like to do an animation with "particle" and a delay of 30s

6. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

7. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi sean
    he also has problems that I have posted for a long time still not settle,
    1- the action button when I select "refill at Star" and I put 3 minutes,
    when I restart the game or level of button it click it works but the count continues on the count of before: example I launch the game I click on botton action the count begins I die at the minute 1 and 50 second so I start again the game this time i click on button action everything is fine except the count it will start with 1m50s instead of 3minutes
    2- the button action when I select the option 'block key through' and I put a button navigattion below it works the click on the button navigation despite I select 'block key through' example
    I have a browser button from UI1 to UI2 I want every 15minutes allow access once every 15minutes so normally I must use the button action and give max use 1 at start
    and configure 15minutes but problem when I use this method the button browser function anyway "remark this function very well with button purshase but not with button action,

8. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

My games have max 2 atlasses, the sound I already have under 96 kbsec and the size of my games is far under max 15 MB large. I try to use every trick I can to get the game faster, but it can't be that you have to keep the field size small to get more frames. I also use other programs at the moment and see again and again how big a playing field (level) can be, without which the FPS go down, only with buildbox unfortunately not. It I use 50-100+ objects in a scene and also convert to clone, but unfortunately I always see fast when the objects go over 100 the FPS number goes down. To make a level look big and to offer some variety the engine should be able to do it.

9. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi Sean Buildbox
    an answer for me?

10. afu

afu Boxer

Is the beta still available?

11. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

So opened my BB2 today and got a message that there is a new version available is this still beta or not?

12. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

A new Version ? i think 2020 or 2021 ;)

MAC420 likes this.
  13. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Yeah IDK

14. Claudio S M

Claudio S M Boxer

I would definitely remove revmob ads and heyzap ad networks from last version 2.3.8 final. There is some old ad networks still on in BB2.

15. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

This is not running on OSX Catalina ? Can someone confirm that ?

16. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

I have Catalina and its working

17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hello I have written this to support already but still wanted to share here so hoping someone found a solution. I had updated my Xcode to 11.2 (1B52) for BB3 but now I live problems exporting and uploading My Buildbox 2 games to appstore. Seems New Xcode doesn't work with BB2d. How will I update my games I wonder do I have to install 2 Xcode installations or how? So it gives the following errors and I would appeciate if an update could be made for Buildbox 2 cause I am sure many developers like me have their games at appstore that were done using Buildbox 2 and would like to update them time to time. So it gives the following error @Sean Buildbox @NikRudenko

App Store Connect Operation Error

ERROR ITMS-90534: "Invalid Toolchain. Your app was built with an unsupported version of Xcode or SDK. If you plan to submit this build to the App Store, make sure you are using the GM version of Xcode 10.1 and the SDK for iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.1, Xcode 7.1 and the SDK for tvOS 9, or Xcode 6 and the SDK for macOS 10.9 or later. If you are using an Xcode beta version to test your app, make sure you are using the latest supported version. For more information about supported beta versions, view the App Store Connect What's New page (https://developer.apple.com/app-store-connect/whats-new/)."

App Store Connect Operation Warning

WARNING ITMS-90703: "Deprecated Xcode Build. Due to resolved app archives issues, we have deprecated Xcode 11.2 on November 5, 2019. Download Xcode 11.2.1 or newer, rebuild your app and resubmit."

Kevin Nguyen likes this.
  18. GamerGhost

GamerGhost Boxer

@volcank Perhaps you must install Xcode 11.2.1. This version is available from Downloads section of Developer account.

Sean Buildbox and volcank like this.
  19. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen Boxer

You need to download the 11.2.1 GM from Developer page.

Sean Buildbox and volcank like this.
  20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Kevin Nguyen and Sean Buildbox like this.