Becoming A Publisher?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by AaroArts, Nov 25, 2016.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So, I'm curious, what is the best way to become a Publisher for third parties?

What sort of things do you need in place and what must you offer Dev's in return for publishing?

I already publish my own, but I was contemplating the idea of expanding, to not only grow my audience but to offer a publishing service for those who have zero audience and no App Store licenses etc.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
    Thank you.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The most important thing is experience I guess. The second important thing is contacts. The third important thing is a good infrastructure. The fourth important thing is the ability to manage your administration and legal department internationally. Then you also want to be able to offer a big and active base of followers, being it on already published games or social networks. And probably the most important part would be time. You really need a lot of time if you start working with other people. This or you need to be able to hire people who can do that work for you.

I'm not a publisher but trying to put myself into their shoes that's what comes up to my mind.

3. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

You need money. Lots of money....

eyal and Nihat like this.
  4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Why do you need lots of money?

I have a lot of resources and a reasonably large social media following for a small developer.

I was hoping to help others.

5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Also you would want to have had a couple, if not more features in new game we love by Apple.
    That would help sway people to want you to publish there games with you.

6. arsen.

arsen. Boxer

You need a great marketing strategy. You can do it even without spending a dollar, but that's a hard work. I recommend you to reach out other people to see what they are doing to gain so much success.
    btw I am starting my own publishing company, so if you need any help just hit me up;)!

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Do you have a website up and running?
    I'm in the process of making mine:)

What have you done already in terms of starting the company? If you don't mind me asking.

8. arsen.

arsen. Boxer

I think this is a private conversation. Just PM me ;)

9. jaoultimate

jaoultimate Boxer

I think you need a place to show what you have, like your game, what do you offer for developer.