Bb 2.3.3 - Auto Save On Export??

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Kevin W, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

What is up Team,

We're back haha!! So, just made so tiny tweaks to one of our projects for some testing purposes ( got rid of ad network calls, forced some level unlocks, removed character IAP's etc ) and for some reason there's now an auto save on the project when you hit export :(

I'm not really sure the overall idea, thought process or logic behind this new function, but it would be great to at least have a warning / ask pop up so we can choose to save or not.

Of course, we could of just made a copy first, in fact I thought I had done just that, but alas no. Usually I could just close without saving and happy days, but now with auto saving on export...

Thanks

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, BB always save when the game is exported.
    I use Dropbox, which you can retrieve from a history.

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Kevin W
    To my knowledge, it has always been a part of 2.3 at least, been 6 months if not longer. Point taken though, I'm not sure what it would take to make it optional, but some warning message at least should be fine. We can look into clarifying this in a future release.

Kevin W likes this.
  4. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@jcalle - This was not the case in BB 2.2.9 - But not a bad idea :)

@Andy - Ok cool, thanks dude. Yeah we've just made the switch to 2.3.x. which is awesome BTW.

A little warning before we be awesome, just to save me from myself!

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yeah i always just go to SAVE AS and name it something else. This way no matter what i do i can just load up original bbdoc. Would be cool if in settings you have an option to enable or disable auto save functions.