Applying Physics To Odd Shaped 3d Characters

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Bob S, Mar 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bob S

Bob S Boxer

I have a main character as a Hot Air Balloon that I'm testing out a concept. I've loaded in a free OBJ file and made that my Character. I applied normal physics=Dynamic so that it would react to gravity. I put a platform below it (Physics = Static) just so I could see the Balloon fall down onto the platform. When I set the Balloon Collision Shape to a Cube or Sphere, it reacts to physics like I would hope. However, those Collision Shapes do not fit properly with this odd shaped item. When I switch it to Mesh, then no physics work for this. It's now a static object above the platform.

Buildbox support said to add an object under the character which would represent the basket of the Hot Air Balloon. I tried that as well but that doesn't work and can't ever get the Balloon to land properly on the platform. It either lands above it or below it. Never can get it to land right on the platform.

Does anyone know how to properly import odd shape objects into buildbox (OBJ at this point) and provide a collision shape that would work and have them react to physics the way they should?