App rejected on Apple

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GTE Games, Jan 12, 2016.

1. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Found the tip again:

It's from here: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2413/_index.html

ruhm64 likes this.
  2. abc123

abc123 Boxer

3. todro

todro Avid Boxer

I don't think so. This is the worst scenario and if one would like to make sure the app will be approved first.

As for the app reviewers, they mentioned in the email to GTE Games that they tested on an ipad (physical device), so generally the app could even be reviewed right after the initial submission.

I think the reason why it didn't work first was the missing tax acceptance, fixing the misssing store identifier didn't help at that time, so he got the same error. Having fixed the acceptance (and the store identifier already before), it worked as both are mandatory requirements.

GTE Games likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can test IAPs with Xcode using a connected device.

You cannot test IAPs with Xcode using the iOS Simulator (I misspoke before and said Xcode Simulator, that might have been confusing)

5. abc123

abc123 Boxer

I think that's the problem. Because we tried the IAPs with iOS devices and it actually worked without any problems.
    Then the screenshot that Apple Reviewer attached showed exactly that he was trying to test using xCode Simulator, which i tried later and, as @Andy said, IAPs dont't work there.
    I tried explaining it to the Reviewer on the Resolution Center and i hope they can understand.

6. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

We've had this issues before... So our programmer actually took a screen shot and wrote in to the review team of what are the specifics they need to test on... And it went through... Hope it helps :)

7. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Thanks for replying!
    That's what i did, i replied to the Reviewer suggesting him to try testing it with an iOS device connected instead of using xCode iOS simulator since the simulator cannot test IAPs, will that be alright my reply? I also attached 3 screenshots of how i successfully purchased the IAPs on my iPhone.

8. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Yes it should be... Coz the reviewer may not be tech savvy people. So you need to give very specific instructions with specific screenshots and it will be approved. Hope it does in your case here dude... All the best and be hopeful k :)

9. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Ahh i see. I thought all of them were developers or at least knew these lol!!
    I hope everything comes out well :)

10. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Fingers crossed for you dude :) I was equally surprised when my programmer told me that... hahahaha

11. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Thanks! It has been 1 day already since i replied and i haven't got a response back from them. Is it normal, shall i worry? I just dont feel right to submit a new binary with nothing changed just to wait for another week for them to review it and most probably reject it again :(

12. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I believe this is what my problem is. With a previous IAP I submitted everything at once. Sounds like that is what I need to do after being rejected yet again for IAP approval. @abc123 it does take a day or two. I had just went through the same stuff.

13. abc123

abc123 Boxer

So how did you manage to solve the issue?
    I still don't understand the Tip, it says that i shall submit a new binary if being rejected from Apple for IAPs to work, but why?

14. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I went back and started fresh with the Action button, purchase button and submitted the new version (for review, no testing) and before I left the site I went back and created the new IAP, not using the same name as last time, and submitted everything at once.
    I think the "Tip" is about worthless. Every time I try doing the IAP first, like the directions tell you, I had it returned. Every single time. But starting completely fresh and doing it all at once, never had an issue.
    I have a "bug" with ITC since my IAP still shows In Review and I have gotten 3 emails stating it has been returned. It won't let me delete it or resubmit it. Just stuck there in electronic purgatory.

15. todro

todro Avid Boxer

This is not what the tip says, it recommends to submit an app without IAP first while you state you tried to start with an IAP version first.

16. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

17. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

So App first, IAP after it is in the store? Just clarifying that.

18. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I did not have to do this detour with my (non-buildbox) game... App went to review straight with IAP in it, then they came back with a question where is the IAP Restore functionality. I have replied that it is in the Setup menu and they accepted it afterwards... No need to send without and then with it, just straight it should be ok if the IAP functionality is correct.

19. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

App is to be submitted with IAPs... We've been doing that and had no such problems... as for @abc123 case... you would need to wait a few days before the reviewer gets back to you with what you have suggested instructions wise. If everything is working well on all devices then they should approve the app... it's still a quite a wait though so don't worry bout it it you've done it right ;)

20. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Just woke up, checked iTunes Connect, and guess what ✌
    image.jpeg

After I sent them a reply suggesting they tried the IAPs on an actual iOS device instead of xCode iOS simulator, they replied to me:
    image.jpeg

So after all my guess would be that the "error" or "bug" they encountered in my case was simply because the reviewer was testing my IAPs using xCode iOS simulator, which IAPs don't work there. How did I know they were using xCode iOS simulator? They attached a screenshot of the error:
    image.png
    And I noticed all the assets stacked up, which was weird for me. So I opened xCode and tried opening the game in different iOS device simulators until i selected iPhone 4s and the same interface appeared, all stacked up (i hope this is only a simulator issue and that in an actual iPhone 4s device this doesn't happen).

In our reply we included screenshots showing them that it actually works on an iOS device, so I highly recommend to include screenshots while replying to them to give them proof:

image.png
    image.png

Thank you very much @Andy @AndyG @Rebel Studios for all your support!
    It did take two days for them to reply and initially we thought they were never going to review our case! But after all everything went just fine.
    We will be launching our game next Thursday, so excited!!