App rejected on Apple

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GTE Games, Jan 12, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Anyone seen this? This is the second app to be rejected by Apple. Both have IAPs for "remove ads" and Dodgey has coin packs in addition to that.

I already put a ticket in and included the bbdoc. Screen shot was what apple sent me, it was the same for the other app.

------- From Apple ------

Rejection from from Apple:

2.2 - Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

2.2 Details

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 9.2 and iPhone running iOS 9.2 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

Specifically, when attempting to complete any of the In-App Purchase transactions, we received the attached error message.

We have attached screenshots for your reference.

Attached Files:

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Are you able to connect and initiate IAP's in Sandbox mode?

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

No, haven't tried that.

Figured it out today, I think.

IAP setting within the game, we'll see.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Thanks for the heads up @GTE Games, handy to know.

5. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

Thanks GTE GAMES I've just had this exact rejection. I will do exactly what you explained and hopefully everything will be solved :)

GTE Games likes this.
  6. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

@amazingafternoon, I can't confirm 100% that was my issue with Apple. I don't own any Apple products (yet). I have hardware on the way (Macbook and iPhone).

Full disclosure... This was an issue I noticed that seems to correlate with the error Apple was giving me. Not certain the guy that uploaded to Apple for me didn't catch it.

Hopefully, xcode is as easy as everyone makes it sound so I can do this myself. Should be able to fully test when the hardware arrives next week.

After fixing the IAPs above, I was able to get an APK exported from eclipse without errors last night, uploaded to the Play Store and everything appears to be good now! More testing today to verify.

7. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

:) I will let you know if the game is accepted in the meantime, if it is you were right. Xcode is not hard you just have to get a list of videos of people explaining what you should and should not do until you get the hang of it. After a few apps launched it get easier every day :)

Thank you for the info you made my day easier! :)

8. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

No problem.

Everyone says xcode is easier than eclipse. We'll see.

The last Mac I used was an Apple IIe, way back in 1987. :)

Deliverbo likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Gosh, I really cannot stand Eclipse at all. :)

10. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I'm quoting myself below because I was wrong. I submitted a new version after spending the day figuring out the xcode way of things (not as hard as eclipse I'll admit). The new app I uploaded had the same "transaction error" from before (see screenshot on OP).

It turns out I had to accept the legal and tax agreements!!! The very vague technical looking errors were actually related to an administrivia oversight on my part. Who knew?

I'm only following up here in case someone else gets the same error. Apple won't tell you why, you have to figure it out on your own.

Best of luck

hokuto_tc and tweettopix like this.
  11. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Regardless of this fix (which should solve it for the future), Apple recommends to submit the app without IAP for review and submit an update with IAP afterwards if you would like to avoid any (legal) issues like this. Still this would have happened, but you would have gotten the app reviewed (hopefully) first.

12. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Nope, both from Ebay. 2011 Macbook Air and iPhone 4s. Modest but does the job.

Facebook photo of the new gear

Good tip @todro, I didn't know they recommended things that way. Do updates take as long to get approved? It's been taking about a week to get approved.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    netkomm likes this.
  13. todro

todro Avid Boxer

To be honest, I do not really recall right now on which page I have read that, but I 'm pretty sure it was an apple page...

From what I understand (but no personal experience) this should be faster but that's just an assumption.

In case you don't know this page: http://appreviewtimes.com/

14. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I had seen that before. 8 days, arg. :) Thanks!

15. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Hey AndyG, I am experiencing the same issue with Apple, but i have all my Tax Agreements up to date and everything seems to be fine, i can even test the IAPs in Sandbox mode successfully. But when i tested it with xCode the same error occurred, it said that It cannot connect to the AppStore.

What´s important here is that i could make use of the IAPs with Sandbox with no problems!

Is there a bug in Buildbox that´s not allowing the games to connect to the Store while testing with xCode?

16. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I have had no issues whatsoever implementing IAP via Buildbox. I assume all of your IAP's have been Approved by Apple within Features on iTunes Connect?

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Are you using the Xcode simulator? IAPs don't work there.

18. abc123

abc123 Boxer

I just checked and all of them have been rejected, i entered and seems that i could not localize the IAP name and descriptions into other languages that´s not my app´s (i localized into more languages than English), so i deleted all of them leaving only English. But does that influence in the App being able to connect to the iTunes Store?

19. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Andy,

Yes! That´s the reason why Apple Reviewers cannot connect to the iTunes Store, because they use xCode to test the IAPs!
    I tried testing them on my iOS devices and they went more than perfect. So is that the problem then? That xCode cannot be used to test IAPs?
    Shall i reply to the reviewer about this?

Thank you!

20. abc123

abc123 Boxer

What´s strange to me is if the Apple Reviewer knows that IAPs don´t work there, why did they decide to test the IAPs using xCode? Now i´m afraid i´ll have to resubmit a new build. Or they have the option to reconsider my game?