Animation Software

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by minibuilder65, Mar 15, 2016.

1. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me good animation programs. I also mean in terms of animating the UI and buttons as I only have Photoshop. I don't really mind the price but I would prefer if it came with a trial :D However if I am able to make the kind of animations for buttons used in The Pit by Buildbox in Photoshop it would be grate to help me out and show me some tutorials as I tried looking on YouTube but no luck :(

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  2. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Here you go http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm
    Spriter is used for character animations. As for animating buttons, you can do that in photoshop with the timeline window and using scale or distort.

appnoxious likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Just use Buildbox 2. The buttons from The Pit are animated directly in BB2. If not and you want something better than PS then use After Effects which you also can use to animate characters. Spriter Pro is definitely a good option too for character animation. I actually bought it a few weeks ago but didn't had the time to check it out.

4. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@Christoph Theres only one problem :D I have no idea how to use the BB2 animation editor.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

Does anyone have like a tut so I can follow so I understand how it works?

6. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Spine 2D, Spriter Pro ... These two are Easy to use and Learn.
    If you want more in depth stuff, Anime Studio Pro is one to check out.

7. luanchen

luanchen Boxer

This list surely does cover all the best 2d animation software's available.

https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-1727.html

Toon Boom is still the best but expensive. But there are a few open source programs that are pretty great, they just take an afternoon or so to get used to.

Gibli's signature software OpenToonz became open source ,It's not too hard to learn and has a huge range of extras to tweak little details.

And Synfig Studio is good for puppet animation (Total Drama Island, Johnny Test style stuff)。

That one takes some time just to get used to how puppeting works out but you could churn out some completed worked in less than half the time of traditional animation.