Advertising - Videos - Checkpoint

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by mykodagames, Nov 11, 2015.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Hello,

I have a few questions:

1) I wanted to make it so that when the user wants to use the checkpoint they would have to watch a video to start at the checkpoint and was hoping I set this up correctly?:

I setup an Action as "Set checkpoint" which I use (drag n drop) into the levels. I also created an Action "Restart Checkpoint" then in the Game Over Screen I created a "Purchase Button" I chose "Restart checkpoint action" and the checkbox field for "Buy and Use" and chose the dropdown HeyZap (the only one available in the drop down list). Ive also attached 2 images below hoping I got all this correct. It seems to work correctly (starting at the checkpoints) testing with buildbox (but of course no video will play).

2) Is HeyZap the only available reward video network?

3) If I sign up for HeyZap how would they know the video was watched from my game? In other works I don't see any place to enter an ID (like other options have com.something.mygamestuff).

4) If I setup videos to be able to use checkpoints, if the user closes the app do you think it will restart at a checkpoint or would the game start all over?

Sorry for all the questions Im just trying to get things setup right :) If anyone has any answers to any of the above questions its greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Alright #4 solved if I close the app the game will restart at the game over screen (just did a build yay!), so now I don't feel as bad having a video to restart at the check point the one thing that does bother me is the player will die a lot and the user may get frustrated having to watch a video every time he dies :(.

Is there a way to set it up to have free (no video) checkpoints and intervals (random percentage) of videos?

3. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

I think I read in another forum here that this is not possible yet. Talking about adding reward videos. I think we would all like them.

Now to #4. You can setup a button on the main menu to start checkpoint and not start game. This will always start you at the last check point even if you close the game.