Ad network IDs

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by kodagames, Nov 18, 2015.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Hello quick question on entering information in the Advertisement section of buildbox (ad networks). I noticed Admob has 2 different sections:

AdMob Banner
    AdMob Interstitials

am I supposed to put in my Publisher ID (see attached image) into these fields or something else? I only ask because of the 2 different fields which leads me to believe I may be entering the wrong information (Publisher ID)?

Thanks in advance.
    Sincerely,
    Michael

Attached Files:

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

you need the Ad unit ID not publisher ID. Each is separate for Banner and Interstitials which you setup in Monetize.

3. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Copy that, Thanks @AndyG I'll look around for it :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Deliverbo and AndyG like this.
  4. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

I will add one other little thing about this. You will need an Ad ID for each platform you publish to also. So if you do iOS and google play you will need 4 Ad IDs. You add them to buildbox under each platform.

Ronak likes this.
  5. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  6. duslicrest

duslicrest Boxer

I've been trying to figure out how to put ads on my game for too long and I still have no idea how.. I need help, if someone know's a step-by-step way to do it please let me know.

7. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@duslicrest I know you put the ID information in Project Settings (gear icon then advertisements) then on the game field (or other scenes) theres a drop down to select the ad network you want. Im fumbling through this right now.

@Forum.
    Im assuming I have to create (for app store) a bundle Id and provisioning profiles (development/distribution) before I can setup the Admob (or chartboost) ads then get the Ad unit id's for the ads then put this into buildbox then export the game, then upload it to the app store etc.. Does this sound like the correct workflow? (I'll be test driving it all tomorrow).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  8. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Here is what I do for admob. I get the codes before submitting anything to any stores or do anything with any stores.
    You should create a bundle ID within BB. This is nothing, but com.example.nameofgame

I sign into admob I create monetize new app by adding it manually. The second tap. Then you must choose the platform.

The codes generated are the ones that you place into BB for the platform. It is as simple as that. After your app is published you can come back into the admob and link your app.

Hope this helps.

Ishamahes likes this.
  9. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

NOTE: Ad's will not display in the Preview window of Buildbox. You need to run the game on the device to view.

10. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@brdchn25 that helps tremendously! I've been confused as to what came first (the chicken or the egg). I guess I could also do the same for iAP's (remove ads) and create a Store Identifier before exporting to Xcode so that when I do build (export) the info will already be there. Is that possible as well?

@AndyG Good to know I can see it working as well :)

This stuff gets tricky lol Im hoping after this first one I'll have a really good grasp to make the next one easier :)
    Thank You @brdchn25 @AndyG !!! Totally Awesome!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  11. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Let me answer you about the store Identifier if you haven't read about this yet or seen it on youtube.

Store identify is done before xcode or before you build it in xcode. normal is something like: com.name.gamename.removeads
    You place this right into buildbox. There is no need to do anything in xcode.

In the apple iTunes connect when you look at the app information before summiting it to apple you will need to create inapp purchase and they will ask for you store identifier. Please remember that with a purchase of remove adds you must have restore purchases also.
    Hope this helps. FYI I had all the same questions the first time. :)

12. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Hey @brdchn25 how are you,

I did fumble through it all (the forums helped tremendously) and am in the process of resubmitting my rejected app due to not having the restore purchase button (which was answered in another forum post :)) but did as you suggested:

Make up a store identifier for inside of buildbox (com.name.gamename.removeads),
    Ensure I have a Restore purchase button in game,
    Exported it to Xcode, Uploaded it through Xcode (archiver/itunes),
    After upload I was able to use "Features" on iTunes to setup in-app purchases.

Glad to know Im not the only one lol but I believe Im definitely doing much better and am on the right track thanks to everyone here and I seriously appreciate you taking the time to respond! And hopefully this helps someone else down the road.

13. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Hi, I am slightly confused. You said that the bundle ID is ''com.example.nameofgame''.
    Do I have to enter the same, or I have put my game name instead of 'nameofgame'. If so , what would I enter for ' example '. Please help me.

14. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

declanemery99 likes this.