99 Moons - New Game by RisingHigh :)

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Kevin W, Feb 4, 2016.

1. tarasgasparin

tarasgasparin Boxer

Big big like for the game and congrats for the feature man! You deserve it! ;)

Kevin W likes this.
  2. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Christoph and tarasgasparin like this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Europe is still great, still a little sad to see it didn't get a US feature. I really thought it would.

I still don't get it why some games get featured and others not. For example: Hop Shot (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hop-shot/id1073166647?mt=8) A very simple game, with mediocre graphics at best. The only thing I see is that it has localization in 9 languages. Nothing more, no multiplayer, no ATV support or anything special that could make me see an additional reason. The gameplay was done before much better too.

Does your business home town have an influence to get featured? If you are from the UK you get featured in the UK? I remember Dan Counsell, he also got featured only in the UK. And didn't get Color Switch featured in Australia (Fortafys hometown)?

Kevin W likes this.
  4. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Country doesn't really come into it I think - although it may well help in some cases. Current count is 49 countries so far. @dan_counsell was featured worldwide I believe, but happily stand corrected on that. Colour Switch never made best new games, just the what's hot section that is on the AU homepage - not that it matters - their social push and good game created the new flappy - very rarely do you see this - Super Kudos to all those guys btw :)

Regarding Hop Shot - I can totally see why that got a feature, that's right up Apple's street and has a very similar feel and look to splish splash pong that crushed a little while back. It just comes down to people man, that's all it is.

Getting a Feature in the US is super tough, period. It depends and tons of factors - Our game wasn't good enough on the week, simple as that - Better make our next one irresistible :) Anyways, thanks for all the cool comments and we're made up that our plan came together ;)

5. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

congrats!

Kevin W likes this.
  6. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

7. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Looks good Kevin

Kevin W likes this.
  8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

so in all... how many actual levels are there? I'm on moon 7 but i know I've played many more screens... does it go to 99 moons? how many scenes make up a moon?

9. Kamil Kucma

Kamil Kucma Boxer

Well crafted, congrats!

10. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@Wings n Armor & @Kamil Kucma - thanks guys :)
    @heathclose - There's 240 or so levels in all and about 15 coin bonus levels, each level is a scene - but yes, there's 99 individually named moons :)

trudnai likes this.
  11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Cool stuff!

12. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

i know i commented yesterday how good it is,
    but today on my lunch break i got to have serious go at it.
    and I'm up to moon 54. Woohoo for me. Yea I'm a gamer.
    Lol and its still bloody awesome.
    Well done man.
    But i feel a lot of people are going to give up to quick on it. i hope they don't because it is good.
    its a real strategic game. not just your normal plain jump game, you have to really work out your jumps and tactics.
    Oh also on one of the bonus levels you can go for ever if you want too. LOL
    You can jump the check point.
    Also, sorry to ramble on.
    But never before in a game have i ever bothered unlocking characters, but this one i have.
    You need to as my little dude was blending in to the backgrounds.
    Give you a bonus point for making me unlock a characters.
    Good job hope you get heaps of success with it.

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  13. Eric H

Eric H Boxer

Congrats Kevin. Well done!

14. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

What kind of Voodoo does @Kevin W use? Another feature bud, well done and well deserved :)

Kevin W and playsgames6666 like this.
  15. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@playsgames6666 - haha cheers dude, that's just so awesome, very cool! We'll keep an eye on retention but people do love a twitch game :) We made the bonus levels like that so a player can, if they want, dodge the checkpoint and collect all the missed stars.

@Eric H - thanks :)
    @trudnai - Cheers!
    @Phill Mason - lol - No voodoo, just hard work and persistance!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    playsgames6666 likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Great to have so many levels and scenes. But I also lost my count. There is no way to know how much is left, which I think has a direct impact in how I play. If I would know there is only 20% left in the game I would play probably more just to finish the game. Not sure if this makes sense. Probably a Moon: 10/99 in the start screen would be great. Other than that I'm still impressed with the look and gameplay of this game.

How did you do the Mission Control Status? Can't think of a way in Buildbox to do that.

Kevin W likes this.
  17. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

thanks man, the status is on the game over screen, it tells you which level you are currently on - there's 99 moons :)

Also, at the start of each level there is the name of the moon and how many levels in the moon - IE: Titan 1:4 - but we kinda messed up here, it should've been 1:4 / 2:4 etc... but as you all know, there are some limits within BB, coupled with our limited brainpower, that as simply not worth the time implementing a workaround. After level 25 it should actually work itself out a bit I think.

But great feedback, looking at it now, and your comments, we definitely would have done this differently, matching the end game status more with the level name, buy hey, always something to improve and learn :) thanks again!

18. initBB

initBB Boxer

Congrats on your launch and features! looks amazing! downloading now.

Kevin W likes this.
  19. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

20. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

downloaded and played some this morning - good game
    congrats on the feature

Kevin W likes this.