2-way Portals.. Not Possible???

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by georkai, Oct 3, 2016.

1. georkai

georkai Boxer

Hello there,:eek:

Does anybody know how to make a set of portal work the opposite way??
    I want to make my character to "teleport" from the right side of the screen to the left and back, using the same set of portals.
    I' ve tried all possible features in portal settings, but it seems like they only work one way. Once you use the set, regardless which portal you enter first (left or right), they lock their behavior and now the first one acts as a portal and the second one as a spawner. When I try to re-enter the portal that spawned my character, in order to go back the opposite way, the portal acts like it' not there.o_Oo_Oo_O From there I can only use my game one way to the direction I first used..

Is this something that buildbox 2 is not able to do?

Thanks!!

hiperportal likes this.
  2. denban

denban Boxer

I have the same problem.

3. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

I've also tried this but was unable to make it happen. I don't think it's possible in BB so far

EDIT: What you can do is link the character to an object. And instead of a portal you use 2 transforms with change location right in front of each other. That way you will be able to go back in forth. But it's limited to the advance moves on objects

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Maybe @Andy can aswer to this

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Correct, they are just one-way. It's possible there is a way to hack something up to emulate it, but I'm not sure how you would do that.

6. georkai

georkai Boxer

Thanks for helping, I tried what @meremy suggests but it really limits character movement.
    @Andy It would be great if this could be fixed in a future update. There is a ton of things you can do with this upgrade!

7. Rishabh Sagar

Rishabh Sagar Boxer

@georkai, were you able to achieve this?