1 Year Of Game Dev! (summary) + Plans For 2019

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Starman, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Hey guys! Sorry for not being able to finish covering all the games I did in 2018 :confused: There was a LOT of them. So here's a summary of the last part. (For previous parts check my threads;))

The Daily Game Challenge
    It went pretty well, helped me quickly experience all aspects of game dev. Really encourage devs to take on this challenge as well :D Anyways, these are two of the games I did.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Icons!
    Okay I know this isn't really game dev, but still, relates to graphics :p I did 2 sets of icons for fun.
    [​IMG]

Presents Drop
    Was a mockup I did for a Christmas game, but it didn't get completed :confused: We bit off more than we can chew...AGAIN! Had much fun doing the graphics anyways;)
    [​IMG]

Remastered!
    Now all of that was October, and yes there are a ton more between then and now :) I've gotten so much better at this over the last two months...it's hard to explain. What I'm trying to say is, don't give up on anything. Once you get the hang of it the speed of you getting better is exponential, I'm not kidding :D I'll show you mine for example, this is a side by side of the same game of mine. The first one created back in June, and the right one is a remastered version in December. What's even more shocking is the two are completed in roughly the same amount of time :eek:
    [​IMG]
    So if you are in the process of getting to know a new software or skill, don't give up and keep creating ;)

Plans for 2019
    As the old saying goes - practice makes perfect. I'll be creating much more graphics in 2019, and I can promise, that they will be better than ever:D Will also be diving in 3d stuff and motion graphics to level up my skill level, hopefully match what I can do in 2d :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    andre_sprs and Phil H like this.
  2. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Can we get a link???