Swipe 3 Lane On A Path

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by b0x3r, Apr 5, 2020.

1. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

When I use the Swipe 3 Lane asset and apply it to the Twisted Road template all hell breaks loose.

Has anyone made this modification, yet?

2. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

I deleted the character object that came with the Twisted Road template and put the Swipe 3 Lane asset as the character. I believe I now have to apply a Path move node to the Swipe 3 Lane character. This is the place where I'm confused atm. I went ahead and added the Path move node but there are conflicts somewhere.

3. Smart Penguins

Smart Penguins Boxer

You need to switch out to use Path Move instead of Lane Move if you want to move on a path.

4. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

I want the swipe 3 functionality which the Path move node does not implement. If I keep the Path move node, then what do i do in order to recreate the swipe 3 functionality?

5. Smart Penguins

Smart Penguins Boxer

I think you didn't get what I said.
    Go from:
    Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.25.31 PM.png

And do this:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.26.26 PM.png

LtgGames likes this.
  6. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

Okay. That implemented the Swipe 3 functionality, however, the character resets to default starting position every time I swipe. Plus the jump is non-functioning and the move speed is so slow.

Here is the Swipe3LanePath.bbdoc I am using...can you verify the nodes?

7. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

I think the issue is when I begin with the Swipe 3 Lane node, the javascript doesn't code for the path object.

When the player executes the swipe functionality, the Path Move node takes over within the context of a path.

There is javascript code in both nodes (Swipe 3 Lane and Path Move) that is in conflict with each other.

8. Smart Penguins

Smart Penguins Boxer

You have to connect Created to one of the Path Move nodes Set Scene Speed, so that the scene would move.

9. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

Did you look at the bbdoc I posted? Your reply doesn't make any sense based on the screenshot you posted, as well as the bbdoc that I hosted for you to look at. It sounds as if you understand what I'm trying to do, however, telling me to do this or that is just inefficient. Please look at the bbdoc I posted just a few comments above.

10. Smart Penguins

Smart Penguins Boxer

Yes, I looked at your doc, that is why I told you how to fix it. The Path Move node comes with three inputs, Enabled, Jump, and Set Scene Speed. For you to move along the path you will need to use the Path Move unless you want to write your own code. You need to use Set Scene Speed so that the camera would move with the path. For jump, you will need to use the Jump that is with Path Move node, because Path Move calculates for all position axis of the object, due to the fact that the Path can go in any direction. But the Jump of Path Move Node is not set up for the effect of jumping from one side to other, its meant to be used to jump over objects and when you swipe from one side to other there is no smooth transition it just moves to new position instantly. So if you use jump you will see the object move to new position and then jump, not sure if that is what you are looking for from a jump.

This is what I told you to change in the previous post, Start-Created - > "Path Move"-"Set Scene Speed":

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 4.20.06 PM.png

11. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

Thanks for the instructions and clarifying the issue with the screenshots. It works pretty good atm. I'm going to suggest to support that they make Swipe 3 Lane on a Path an official asset. I think this would be a welcome addition to the asset library.

12. JohnCarlGalang

JohnCarlGalang Boxer

I tried this solution. It works, thank you for sharing. However, over time the asset does not remain in the same Z position. The character moves faster than the scene, it seems. Any idea why this is so?

Also, if I set the scene speed to 0, it still move slightly on the path and does not stay in position.

13. b0x3r

b0x3r Boxer

Yes I noticed that as well. That's when I contacted support and requested an official asset which puts the Swipe3Lane on a path be included in the Buildbox libraries. I haven't heard anything further about the idea from them to date.

asif ahamed likes this.
  14. JohnCarlGalang

JohnCarlGalang Boxer

Hope we see that soon.

15. asif ahamed

asif ahamed Boxer

I can move main character along the path. But how to move another objects along the same path with different speed? Main character should be faster, and the other objects move slower but in the same path.

16. asif ahamed

asif ahamed Boxer

please help me I trying it from last month but I am failed

I want my object moved like this game

17. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

There is a template called twisted switch

18. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

I believe Smart Penguins answered your question a few post above.

19. asif ahamed

asif ahamed Boxer

I am made it with template look what the result

20. asif ahamed

asif ahamed Boxer

I am made it with template look what the result