Logic Option Is Missing

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Zhubi, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Zhubi

Zhubi Boxer

I see a lot of videos and they're using Logic option to make the enemy move or something like that, but on my program I cannot find this option..

upload_2020-3-7_16-48-45.png
    upload_2020-3-7_16-49-3.png
    I tried to find "Transform" in search but I cant find it

2. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Click the tabs to open them.
    2020-03-07 11_08_08.png

3. Hue Buildbox

4. Zhubi

Zhubi Boxer

Hello HueTheDev, the logic options are not inside of these tabs because I already worked with these tabs on my game and I don't know where can I find it..

5. Hue Buildbox

'Transform' is a logic from Buildbox 2 and is not available in Buildbox 3.
    You might've been watching a Buildbox 2 tutorial. As an alternative use a 'If Collide' from the action tab.

6. Zhubi

Zhubi Boxer

I tried searching on how to make enemies move on buildbox3 but I couldnt find any helpful tutorial, could you help me?

7. Hue Buildbox

8. N7SO Archangel

N7SO Archangel Boxer

Same issue here. Cannot find the logic tools anywhere, and if they weren't retained from 2 to 3, why in the world would such a useful tools be removed? Thinking "logically" about it, I tried the if collide options in so many ways and cannot get them to work. I'm simply trying to have an object change directions back and forth across the screen continuously, but even on collide to just sticks there and ignore the command move back in the other direction... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

9. N7SO Archangel

N7SO Archangel Boxer

Figured out how to do this after hours of frustration....

If you're trying to make an object move side to side or something like that, which the BB2 transform tool would have previously done easily, you can do this:
    1. Open the object's node map
    2. Instead of connecting a Move node to the Start node, connect a Set Physics node > sent the linear velocity (ex. if you want the object to start moving along the x axis at a speed of 1, set x to 1 and the others to 0).
    3. Add two If Collide nodes connected to the Start node > select the Affected Asset for the first one (the object that this object will collide with to trigger the next step - ex. I used a block, reshaped it then made it invisible) > repeat for the second If Collide node.
    4. Connect a Move node to each Collide node > set the Speed in the axis direction you want this object to move after colliding with your affected asset > repeat for the second Move node, but set the speed opposite of the first Move node (if your'e intending to have this object move back and forth.

Hope that helps!