Announcing The Buildbox Free Saga: Our Vision

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 4, 2019.

1. GamerGhost

GamerGhost Boxer

Perhaps we have another scenario. Full free version with revenue sharing from IAP and ADS.
    The real problem for current paid subscriptions is the absence of technical support and up-to-date documentation. Something that going to be worse when users from free version come around.

2. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

You're actually the closest I would say. We will have feature limitations for sure, but the goal here is to build the largest game dev community on the planet. If we limit the software so much that you can't release, then that won't happen (that's why no other game dev companies have done this). Obviously there is a a balancing act though.

We will be taking a 10% cut of revenue generated through ads in the free version, have a splash screen, and a few other limitations.

As for full and completed documentation, it's finally coming with the release of 3.1 (which is the official title for Buildbox Free and the updates to Buildbox Indie/Pro), we have so many new features like Brainboxes, that needed to add proper documentation as many things changed. Regardless, we dropped the ball, I admit that 100% and apologize. The new documentation we're doing is solid though and I believe you'll be happy with it.

3. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I love that name - BrainBoxes :D

Sean Buildbox and Frank Freeman like this.
  4. Frank Freeman

Frank Freeman Boxer

I can certainly see a lot of energy is getting placed on BB. I cannot wait to get the free version. I mainly want it to test the software and see if it is right for me before I buy. I don't like having to subscribe to try. Kind of weird for these days. Anyways, I look forward to version 3.1. Thanks Trey!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. Zanotta

Zanotta Boxer

Any plans for a cloud build feature for android/ios?

6. WBStudios

WBStudios Boxer

Bring back the monthly subscription.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  7. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

We actually are :)

8. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Long as you don't touch the master collection guys who supported you at the start, it should be fine !

9. aryanveer95

aryanveer95 Boxer

@TreySmith Anything for recent BB pro buyers ?. Like free Master collection etc ?. I purchased BB pro license last week and sad to see Free BB update now:(. I wish you offer something for December BB pro buyers.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  10. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I am quit interested in see what the AD for the Master Collection on the pricing page is all about. Man, if it was included with paid Buildbox that would be amazing... But, I also know that is a dream. What I'm thinkin is maybe a paid subscription maybe? That would be cool too.

11. Zanotta

Zanotta Boxer

Today we will learn the release date of BB free version. Excited!

wayne_martell and Sean Buildbox like this.
  12. MickMick93

MickMick93 Boxer

I've been critical of buildbox recently, but my hopes are getting high. Hopefully 3.1 will be the big one

wayne_martell and Sean Buildbox like this.
  13. flyyf

flyyf Boxer

In the free version... wil be have the same features of BB 3.0¿?

We will be taking a 10% cut of revenue generated through ads in the free version, have a splash screen, and a few other limitations

Can you explain more this. Thanks.

14. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

I’m glad there will be a free version (they should use a unity pricing model style), and I believe it should definitely export.

I’m a little salty with the BB platform and quit a while back because it felt at the time like they spit in their paid customers faces... I’m still on the fence.

Does BB have an asset store? One way for BB to make revenue would be to create a marketplace so that users could create and sell BBAssets then offer a revenue share based on that 70/30 split.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Frank Freeman likes this.
  15. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

P.S. The Master Collection (pixelbox, soundbox, etc), should be part of the pro version tools (in my opinion).

16. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@kodagames we apologise that you feel that way. I assure you, this was never our intent. Good news though, it has been confirmed that there will be the ability to sell assets in the asset store. Plus all the ones that we will give out for free.

17. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

With the free version, only 1 world is allowed, so it's useless, thanks a lot.

PunkPuffin likes this.
  18. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

Not really. With nodes and custom nodes, you can do a lot using 1 world only. You can even customize UI's for each level, using nodes.

Hue Buildbox and patostar like this.
  19. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

hey trey checkpoint not works when i m using multiple world, i cant continue game from start menu where i was stoped

20. aryanveer95

aryanveer95 Boxer

What ever, all i expect is free master collection to December Buildbox pro buyers ..