My Story, Feeling Motivated, This Is Why Im Not Giving Up On Making Games

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tonymartz2, Nov 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

in 2014 I had a hit game and was generating good ads revenue to the point where I felt money was no longer an issue (at the moment).
    Thinking about that I got motivated to get my MacBook and make it happen again...
    BTW I did not advertise, it was word of mouth and the social media shares that got me up in ranking.
    here is my little unprofessional video

don't give up BOXERS

2. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Which game was your hit game 2014 ?

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Wow. I needed that. Thank you. I too have tasted what it’s like to make a descent amount of money off your app/game. You crave it after it goes away. The best part is software like BB makes it so much simpler to achieve that goal. Like you said, the key is to always keep going. If you stop then that life changing moment slowly drains away.

Thanks for the video.

4. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

It was called Platano Con Salami The Game
    I have done multiple updates the original was a dead simple flappy bird version
    The one on google play had to be re-uploaded as I lost the keystore

AppNasty likes this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I wonder if there is any hack methods to get the key? Or if BB support could access it from original apk?

6. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

I don't think so, I did heavy re-search on that topic and no luck. I learn my lesson and now keep a copy in a remote place as a backup in case something happens.

7. kwinchi

kwinchi Boxer

ngl you got me curious there:p , how much did you make
    i had a bit of success in the past too just wanna know if i got close to your level

cheers ! good luck in your journey

8. johnsmith123

johnsmith123 Boxer

interesting story

9. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen Boxer

Actually it's quite simple to replace your lost keystore with the new one. I've requested google to replace my keystore yesterday. As soon as you use Google Play App Signing.

Here is the email I've got from google:

Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support.

Now that we’ve verified your account, I’m happy to help you reset your upload key. The new upload key will be used to sign APKs that you upload to Play.

Here’s how to generate and register a new upload key:
    1. Follow the instructions in the Android Studio Help Center to generate a new key. It must be different from any previous keys. Alternatively, you can use the following command line to generate a new key:
    keytool -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 9125 -keystore keystore.jks
    • This key must be a 2048 bit RSA key and have 25-year validity.
    1. Export the certificate for that key to PEM format:
    keytool -export -rfc -alias upload -file upload_certificate.pem -keystore keystore.jks
    1. Reply to this email and attach the upload_certificate.pem file.
    I look forward to your response. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

You may need to wait 48 hours to upload a new apk with the new keystore.

10. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen Boxer

Wel as flappy bird was earning from 50000++ per day then I think Platano Con Salami The Game could earn from 100K++ per day :D Imo

11. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

wow thanks for this great info.

12. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

:eek: lol Unfortunately most of the player were in the Caribbean and ads don't pay much compared to the US.
    I was making $700-800 a day some days it jumped to over 1k for about 3 weeks till it started to decline.
    this was with zero advertisement.

13. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

remember this was a nitched down game, so only this specific small country would love it, to everyone else it was just another flappy. I also had "slangs" that is only used in this culture that made the game funny. They were proud to have "there own app game". Oh btw I was even interviewed by a radio station.
    Sadly back then I did not have the knowledge to capture the audience to market future apps.

14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

That’s actually a strategy some use. Find a specific countries niche, design and release on that countries store.

tonymartz2 likes this.