Picker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Juniper Games, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Juniper Games

Juniper Games Boxer

Picker. Was this game done with buildbox.

Attached Files:

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@Juniper Games while this game was not made with Buildbox, it could of easily been made with Buildbox.

Juniper Games likes this.
  3. Juniper Games

Juniper Games Boxer

4. menanche

menanche Boxer

Made in buildbox 3, retention tested with publisher, when verified that it can be earned on the game, ported to unity engine for implementation of commercials, sdk ..

5. Juniper Games

Juniper Games Boxer

how to move to unity e. do they make the game from the beginning

6. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Does that mean that certain SDK's couldn't be implemented in BB3??

7. menanche

menanche Boxer

Yes. Especially custom SDK's made by publisher. Others like facebook sdk .. can be implemented but not so fluidly, more technical knowledge is needed.

8. isac cabrera

isac cabrera Boxer

How is this possible? the ported thing?

9. menanche

menanche Boxer

Publisher builds your game from scratch (based on you bbdoc).
    They do it themselves if they have a development team or pay someone to do it.
    Generally it's not expensive and it goes at the expense of the publisher.

This should not worry you, just make a good game and you won't have any problems.

Juniper Games and landofgreendev like this.
  10. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Where did you get this information from?
    There are only a couple publishers who will port a BB game to Unity for you. Most will demand that you do it yourself. I personally can only name 1 that will port to Unity for you. Please state the publishers you know will port to Unity at their expense because my personal experience is that this statement is not the case.
    Tabtale will port at their expense and Appsolute will accept BB games as long as you can integrate their SDKs. These are the only 2 big name publishers that I am aware of.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  11. menanche

menanche Boxer

I thought generally everyone would do it .. I had no more specific experience on this topic ..
    voodoo would do that for sure .. they have their own development team, the same team made the paper.io

12. menanche

menanche Boxer

Impressive story and impressive success :D

A few questions ...
    • Why rollic games? was it your choice e.g. because they give more revenue .. or they were voluntary to test your game?
    • Why did they ask to switch the game to unity? just for better optimization on weaker phones(android mostly) or is there something else?
    • Would they switch the game to unity or did they solely ask you to do it?
    I know this is a lot of questions but it is crucial to the game business, i would appreciate it ...

landofgreendev likes this.
  13. isac cabrera

isac cabrera Boxer

Man! this so great! I am so happy for you and your team! good job!...

Jackazoid likes this.
  14. hasssaan

hasssaan Boxer

wauuww 20 mil downloass that is some good earnings man @weboha

15. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

The original prototype was made in buildbox. However, before or after game launched Rollic Publisher contacted the Developer and then the game was recreated in Unity...
    Publishers prefer Unity for a multitude of reasons and it's the industry standard. Buildbox still has a lot of bugs and can't implement certain SDK for metrics and tests that publishers like to run to ensure the game meets the metrics, is cost effective and has potential to gain mass adoption amongst hyper casual players.

16. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@Xoctrebla I would like to add that a lot of the bugs are currently fixable from client side as they are in relation to nodes. Another thing to add would be that Buildbox will gladly help users implement any SDKs that a publisher requires

17. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Before implementing the publisher's SDK. We need to reach the publisher's KPI. I have reported many bugs and not fixed yet. Then how we expect to get KPI for a publisher with build box game (very few exceptions).

18. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

This will change in the future as the BB team is showing some progress in BB3 already, it takes time and it's a process. There will be time, I assume, where publishers will better customise their custom Ad solutions for BB exports. They can do that, but they did not as very few Buildbox games make it. So best solution for them is to port to Unity. Just because of a CUSTOM-made SDK to have to re-do the whole game from scratch to Unity is complete non-sense to me! It's better if publishers create a version of SDK that's compliant with plain iOS exports, not Unity Plugins.

19. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I’m pretty sure this will not change. Publishers will always support the standard, Unity is the standard and that isn’t going to change regardless of what BB does in the near future.

It makes sense for publishers to only support the industry standard, too much effort would be required to support every game engine out there they get submissions from. It is the responsibility of the BB team to support those SDKs if they want to truly support the end user in getting published. The BB team already does this through support. They are great at helping anyone get the SDKs added. This will at least get your game in front of the publisher.

After that, well, it most cases you are stuck porting your work over to the industry standard, because the publisher, in many cases, takes ownership of your work for a contracted period. Of course they hope you can support your work with them, but in cases where the author does not and the game is a hit they are going to support it themselves and their business model, in most cases, is built around the industry standard.

It is a false assumption to think that publishers are going to miraculously decide to support anything other than the industry standard.
    The good news is that some publishersa very few, will work with Buildbox and will not require any porting or will port for you. If a BB user wants to get published, those few publishers are the ones they need to direct their attention to, otherwise learn the industry standard. There is nothing wrong with this approach, working with these few publishers builds a relationship, they will depend on you for new fresh games and you will still be able to get yourself published using Buildbox.

Keep in mind the publisher suffers no pain from the porting issue because most of them will not port for you, they expect you to do it. So they are not creating anything from scratch. They are not desperate for submissions, most times it is a take it or leave it attitude. Port or don’t get published. It is a misconception that publishers will port for you, very very few will do this and from what I have read here in the forums too many people believe or think that publishers will offer this service. They don’t. I mean honestly I know of 1 that will, all others demand you do it yourself. I also know of 1 that will accept your BB game as is if you can implement the SDKs. That’s reality and people just don’t have the experience to know this yet.

Also, custom Ad solutions is not the issue for BB and why custom SDKs are used. Its all about the metrics, data collected, user behaviors, etc.

Xoctrebla likes this.
  20. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@Codifie what if Buildbox becomes “Industry Standard?”

I see nothing wrong with that. :)

Codifie likes this.