Integrate Chartboost Into My App

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by mjonutz, Jan 10, 2018.

1. mjonutz

mjonutz Boxer

Hello, I am having problems integrating chartboost. I added appId and signature and export the game to Android. Added latest chartboost.jar library to the libs folder and compile and build the game.

I added this code from here https://answers.chartboost.com/en-us/child_article/android
    Code:
    public class <your Class name> extends Activity {

@Override
    public void onCreate() {
        super.onCreate();
        Chartboost.startWithAppId(this, appId, appSignature);
        Chartboost.onCreate(this);
        }  
    }
    I have a green mark in chartboost to the SDK, but is not fully working. Where i still need to add code changes similar to those above so i can have fully working?

2. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Did you manage to get this working? I've integrated Chartboost by adding the IDs to Buildbox, choosing the frequency and Chartboost as the interstitial provider on the UI, and created an interstitial campaign in Chartboost - but the ads aren't showing. I've added no code in Android Studio or made any other manual changes. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Which version are you using? 2.3.8 has Chartboost updated for BB2 and should work. Shoot an email to support@buildbox.com and we can help identify whats going on further ;)

4. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Okay will do Sean. Thanks.

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Well, the problem with Chartboost is now you have to manually request Publishing approval. You can request Publishing permissions before you can create a Chartboost campaign for Interstitials / Rewarded Videos. Otherwise, you won't see ads. If you use Buildbox 2.3.8 -> Chartboost is added, so you do not have to add any additional Chartboost code in the exported Android project.

Simply go to the Chartboost Dashboard and go to the App you have created, and tick the checkmark, "Request Publishing Permissions." Once you do that within 12 hours, you'll get an email from Chartboost with their decision. One important point, you app has to be LIVE on the Google Play store for Chartboost to approve the ads to show.

When you are approved, create a Publishing Campaign for that app. You are all set.
    Itzo

phuceh likes this.
  6. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Thanks a lot for your reply @itzonator, but that tick box is greyed out with the asterix saying 'Needs SDK to be integrated'. Do I need to integrate the SDK or does Buildbox take care of this? I am using 2.3.8.

7. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

If you use Buildbox 2.3.8 latest build, simply provide Chartboost App ID and App Signature into Buildbox.
    For each UI, add Chartboost from the Ad Networks from the drop down menu. Set the Ad frequency in Buildbox. You are all set.

Export for Android. Now, you have to contact Chartboost team again at app.review@chartboost.com in order to re-evaluate your submission. You can do that if you get that green checkmark in the SDK and if you believe the Chartboost SDK is installed correctly.

You do not need to install, initialize or add any line of code for Chartboost, this is all done for you when you export from Buildbox, but you have to make sure you have the IDs set correctly in Buildbox and you have chosen the ad network to Chartboost for Interstitial. Chartboost does not support Banners at this point.

phuceh likes this.
  8. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Thanks a lot for the detail here - I will give it a go.

9. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@itzonator

Thanks again for your continued support. I've setup according to the screenshots (images1 & 2 - the ads are setup to show on the Game Over UI in Buildbox) which I think is correct - but I still do not get the green checkmark on the SDK as you mentioned (image 3). I set the config yesterday afternoon so I would imagine enough time has elapsed for this to work if setup correctly - I've also played the game in order to try and generate the requests.

1.png 2.png 3.png

Is there anything obvious I've missed here? I've been struggling with this for a while now. I'm also using Buildbox 2.3.8.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  10. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

It seems good. Did you run the game on a device? In order to detect the SDK you have to play the game with the Integrated Chartboost. Make sure your Bundle ID is also correct in Chartboost area.

11. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Yeah, my game with that config is live in Google Play so I played the version I downloaded from the Play Store. The Bundle ID is also correct. Not really sure what else I can do here.

12. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

What version of Buildbox you are using? 2.3.8? which build?

13. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Yeah I'm using Buildbox 2.3.8, B#2535 (is that the build number?). Is this the right version?

14. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

My game incorporates the Leaderboard from Google game services, could this be interfering with the ads?

15. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Nope. With or without, ads should display.

16. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Okay thanks.